I am once again....trying to stay sober

Trying again…the longest I’ve made it was just shy of 1 month. Something always seems to creep in, boredom, stress, PTSD and I slip up. Thought I’d reach out and trying being involved in a group that holds me accountable and see if it helps. Hope yall are staying healthy and sober :blush:

15 Likes

Hey hows it going? Being involved in a group should help its always better than being stuck in it alone.

4 Likes

Welcome Nikki. It’s important to know why. But that’s only half of it. The other half is to take action. Boredom-hobbies, movies, exercise, cooking, etc. Stress- meditation, hot baths, medication, etc. PTSD-therapy, AA, literature, etc. Find what works for you and stick to it. Support, accountability, and the feeling of being worthy helps tremendously too :slight_smile: Glad you’re here!

6 Likes

Welcome Nikki
Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. I’ve tried many times to quit drinking. Sometimes I even do good for the season of Lent. Then Bam! Back on the bottle again.
Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.

:pray:t2::heart:
Here are two good threads to start:

3 Likes

Welcome @nikki666, it’s lovely to meet you :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Welcome @nikki666 you are in the right place! I’m on day 1(again) too. Stick around and read a lot. This app will definitely help you to stay sober :+1:

2 Likes

Here’s a new thread of people who are starting their sober journey this month too.
https://talkingsober.com/t/marching-towards-sobriety/112039/61

3 Likes

Welcome @nikki666. I have committed to ending my habit of relapsing. Every day I commit to just one day of sobriety. One day at a time!

Thank you all for your lovely words of encouragement!

Welcome. I’m so glad you’re here.

My first piece of advice for you is to change the words of your goal. Take that word “trying” and throw it in the shredder!! As soon as you say “trying” you are giving yourself permission to “fail”. No. Change that to “I am going to be sober!”

YOU CAN DO IT!!

2 Likes