I am so ashamed and embarrassed

Ive been an alcoholic since age 18. Yesterday was my 37th birthday and I messed up again for good. Now I have lost my family and they never want to talk to me again. I am so ashamed and need help.

11 Likes

Welcome to this great sober community Crystal.
There’s lots of great info here on how to fight addiction. The only way I could become sober is by getting support. And putting in the work. And not taking that first drink. That’s The one that ruins our lives.
Have a good read around.
Here are two good threads to start:

I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Thanks. I have messed up so many times that this was the last for sure. They have all dismissed me for good, thinking about moving to another country

I am going to start going back to church and aa

2 Likes

Thank you. I want to stop drinking for good

1 Like

Do not make big decisions about moving now, focus on you now and getting trough the day sober. Maybe write down how sad you feel right now? Put that somewhere to see if you have cravings so you can read why you quit in the first place?
You are the only person who can turn your life around for the good.
Show your family you can do it by doing it.

4 Likes

Hi and welcome. Rest today, drink water and eat well . Chat on here and know u can do this. Don’t beat yourself up,just focus on making changes

1 Like

You can do it… But have to want it
You have to live it. Every day.
You can do it!!
The first step is always the hardest. Prayers to you in your journey. :pray::pray::pray:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. It’s always hard to look at the past, see what we’ve lost, feel the sting of our decisions, but all we can do is in the now. It won’t change the past, but it will create our future. I’m sorry you’ve been through such pain and loss. What do you plan to do to get the help you know you need?

1 Like

Going to another country at this moment won’t help your problems will follow you I tried all that what I needed to understand is that I was the problem once I understood that I could start to get better AA will be a good start you will meet people who have walked in your shoes praying for you :pray:t2:

1 Like

You know your drinking is affecting your life. By stopping, normality will return slowing. You been drinking for many years so it will take adjustments in lifestyle to quit. You can if you work on it and you will feel better. You will never have to wake up what happened the day before.

1 Like

I completely relate, my dad was and is still my best friend he’s completely stopped talking to me and answering my texts or calls because my drinking got so bad… I was upset at first but when I put it in perspective, he’s showing me tough love and wants to see me take the steps and want to be better. It’s a hard feeling to know he’s disappointed in me, but all I can do is focus on me and get better and show I am seeking the true help I needed for so long. Prayers for you!

3 Likes

Hi crystal time heals all wounds they say so give them time, maybe try rehab to give you some more tools in dealing with this horrible addiction. The uphill battle us alcoholics have to deal with that other addicts don’t is that alcohol is celebrated in society, and is everywhere don’t be hard on yourself take it a day at a time.

1 Like