I changed my screen name

I was thinking the same exact thing…this world is filled with poo poo heads.

1 Like

Haha, someone pointed out to me that they must have never heard of tinder! That’s a good place to pick up women. Not here.

5 Likes

Yeah, I certainly don’t have this problem because I’m an androgynous tomboy. Definately proves the point. I’ve been seriously considering going to meetings and my first thought was LGBT meetings. But I don’t think I’ll go that route just yet because I’m terrified of being attracted to someone there and fucking it all up. As many have said before it’s hard to meet LGBT people without going to the club’s or bars and I don’t want to put myself in a situation where a crush or infatuation could be a problem for my sobriety, especially because I struggle with loneliness. So no LGBT meetings for me right now.

It makes me sad when people can’t look at their feelings and decisions and see how they effect others.

1 Like

It’s so true! People don’t realize how sensitive some triggers are. When you’re in a healing place, some of those seemingly innocent conversations can trigger some pretty serious emotions.

I like the threads and conversations on them. I’m not comfortable with random messages, especially if they aren’t sobriety related and they aren’t from people I’ve seen out on the boards. It makes you wonder their intention and this really isn’t the place for that. This is a place we should be able to congregate safely with the common goal of maintaining our sobriety.

So, if it’s not someone I’ve spoken to and connected with on these threads, I’m no longer responding to any messages.

4 Likes

Ps. Great job working on yourself and knowing what’s best for you right now! That’s a fabulous step!

1 Like