I don't want to sober 😔

I am feeling exhausted, I am feeling that I can’t sober, I have to addict again, I can’t control

3 Likes

Stay strong. What can you do to distract yourself right now? The cravings are temporary and will go away soon enough. Keep reading and chatting here. You’re not alone, you’ve got this!

3 Likes

Keep going, one minute at a time. sobriety is work and needs input. focus on rest, be kind to yourself, go for a walk, distract yourself, eat something you like, take bath and go to bed sober. ODAAT

7 Likes

Please don’t listen to that voice in your head.
Please type in the search bar I relapsed and read exactly how it goes everytime for everyone.
I wish I had searched it before I picked up a while back.
Give yourself a chance and go to a meeting and see how you feel after.

I can tell you my experience was lying to myself that I would make friends, my life would become fun, everything would be better. Nope it was the total opposite. It took away the self worth and confidence I had built for myself, it almost took away any family I had that trusted me.
It took a piece of me away that I know and still fighting to get back. The part of me that knew better.
Years to get to a good place for it to easily be lost in days.

:pray:

7 Likes

I’m sorry to hear you are having a hard time Owalid, how are you doing today?
Still struggeling?
Early days are difficult but you can push trough it. It will be better day after day! You have the power inside you to bite trough the hard part.
Stay connected, be here and talk about your struggles.
Have you read this thread already?

It can be helpful for you.
Connection is key in recovery, so stick arount buddy! :people_hugging:

You do want to be sober, but you do not want to feel this way and I totally understand that!
But it’s a temporary feeling. It will be better. First the sour, then the sweet :blush:

2 Likes

For sure, putting in the work to staying sober is very hard. Active addiction is also very hard. Choose your hard. And one hard has a much higher likelihood of staying alive and a chance at happiness. I think you know what the choice should be. :purple_heart:

7 Likes

This is very powerful to read :pray:

1 Like