I had to reset my clock again

Is there anyone on here that has the same problem right before you mess up you don’t get ahold of someone??

I’ll be honest everytime I get on here then mess up I don’t say anything because I feel like I will be judged and people will see my topic and think I’m a waste of time to even help… a lot of thoughts run through my head

4 Likes

Ya know… it’s that exact fear that keeps me from giving in! To walk into my meetings where last week I proudly proclaimed 14 days… how can I confess to being at Day 2 again? I can’t! That’s just one of my reasons to quit on my list of reasons!

Keep it up! This site is a global community and someone is ALWAYS on here! :heart:

5 Likes

That’s huge for me. Especially the group I first started at… they may have been a little judgemental or that may have been myself too worried about what they thought… I’m going make an effort to talk to someone in this household in letting me go to a meeting either maybe tomorrow or monday. ASAP.

1 Like

No one is more judgemental than ourselves. The disease wants us to feel ashamed and guilty. Those two feelings are the fuel to the fire. No one will judge someone who truly wants help. It takes so much courage to admit to “failing”. It takes so much strength to ask for help. Be proud of yourself for getting back up. I posted a little while back “get back on the mat” which relates to this topic.

5 Likes

Exactly. That’s what was going on for the past months. Though I managed to keep my head above and learn a lot instead of sinking more than I might have or could be…

We just need to keep pushing. Learn from it!

You are not a waste of time! Ever! You are trying. You are asking questions. You want this.

People on here may get honest with you because they care about you. But almost all will not judge you. Cuz most of us have been right where you’re at.

So please, PLEASE, don’t ever be afraid to post!!
I’m glad you came back😊

5 Likes

Thank you. I will continue to keep getting back. And yes I’ve judged myself so many times and always go back and tell myself there’s no reason for that… your still a work in
progress… I do a lot of self talk rather it’s negative or positive and when I do negative I always turn it around some how to where it’s positive. I will keep pushing for the better

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you. I really hope I wouldn’t be because right now any one on this app who supports me, pushes me up, tells me to keep coming back or just says hey your not alone is really the only support system I have and the only ones I honestly get hope from other than when I pray. But yall have no clue how much I thank yall for any and every time and now for being here. And yes I can take the tender love or whatever because I know they care. I don’t mind it, it shows me that someone out there cares so much and to me that’s family. Blood or not you know?

I never believed I needed help to stay sober or that anyone could ever help me… How wrong I was. Ever since I’ve started to seek out those who can relate because no-one in my life can does. AA and this community have been a great help to me. @bstevison93. You are not alone. We all suffer from the same pain and loniness that has lead us to the problem we keep repeating. We are in this together and can’t do it alone and that’s what community is all about taking care of one another. Keep coming back Brittany never give up on yourself and never stop coming back this is where your life changes.

3 Likes

At times that’s what I feel that no one can help me and I know I am wrong every time it may not be clear message sent to my brain but it’s there because how else does not one person but hundreds or thousands say I’ve been sober for this many years or even months. And Days… I’ve made it for days, I know I can do this… I need to just pull my head out of my ass, either get on here or call one of my best friend’s who will put me in place, for just those few minutes when I’m about to go off road and say Im in trouble, stay on the phone with me or come up with something, maybe an idea… time myself from here to the store… make a record time and let that be something or an incentive for making it there and back within a time frame. Because if anything it takes and wastes a lot of time to make a detour… but anyways I will keep coming back and I thank you to so much

1 Like

I will. Thank you. :heart:

1 Like

I used to call my sponsor all the time in early soberiety when iwas out of sorts and that stinking thinking came into my head
and it worked for me gave me another day and did plenty meetings today i say to my sposorees to call me anytime when they get anxious or scared the program helps aswell gives you a foundation to build that defence from the first drink and make your life abit easier wish you well everyone have agood day

2 Likes

I have literally reset my counter almost daily since finding this site. Day 1, again. And again… And again. It’s frustrating but it’s also holding yourself accountable. Today I am on day 4, for the first time in a very long time. Hang in there

8 Likes

I slip sometimes for the same reason. Because I can. It’s a self destructive feeling and excuse though. Like you’re telling yourself to shut up and **** off. I often wonder why we do that to ourselves… Like we just don’t give a toss about what happens to us. Sometimes it feels like I’m punishing myself but I don’t understand why.

1 Like

That totally resonates with me too. Sometimes I feel like punishing myself, I drink to feel good about myself then I dislike myself even more. I feel like alcohol is both the source and the symptom of a problem. Once I feel better emotionally I’ll lose the need to drink but the only better to improve my mental well being is to stop drinking in the first place. Day 2 for me today. Keep going chick, we can do this :facepunch::heart:

4 Likes

I need to start going to my meetings again or find some kind of plan for me to be able to go so I can get back into and actually get a sponsor this time. I know I would do so much better having one. Thank you!

I agree!!! :muscle::muscle::muscle:

I’m right there with you… 4 days til yesterday has been the furthest I have reached. Just keep pushing your doing awesome!

You are not a waste of time! Everyone on here has relapsed at least once. Addiction is horrendous and it takes a lot to overcome it. I’m addicted to opiates and I’ve had to reset several times. You can do this. We got to believe that life is better than this.

2 Likes