I had to reset my clock again

Yea get to meets it makes it better and get a sponsor . and Springtime not everyone has relapsed ! i havnt and im a long time sober ,

2 Likes

Hey how are you? You are not a waste of my precious time. You are helping not to pickup today. Iā€™ve been 14 days sober. After 96 I had to reset it. But itā€™s human. You just need to push yourself harder. I can do it you can do it. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Hey @Lennie, you are helping me too! I relapsed after 100 days in July. Now Iā€™m on day 33. And you know what? Itā€™s all good! We fall so we can learn to pick ourselves (and not a drink!) up. Iā€™m glad you are here and sharing your sober journey! :relaxed:

3 Likes

We alone can be our worst critic, our worst enemy and the best sabatoger to success. Funny thing is everyone I have met who struggles with addiction have been the most understanding. Keep coming back. Keep trying. Keep learning. This is your journey. We all share this support to provide community. Why would someone judge you who knows what itā€™s like to be in your shoes. But itā€™s ok to feel that shame, guilt, embarrassment, itā€™s what kept us using but it no longer has to be what keeps us down. Best of luck to you today.

2 Likes

Agreed!! Thank you!!

Iā€™m doing better. And Thank you. How are you??
That means a lot. Everyone on here is amazing for just taking the time to help, itā€™s pretty awesome

I am glad you are feeling better. And you do better next time. You will be stronger!

1 Like

If there were college degrees in self destruction, Iā€™d have my Ph.D. in it. I have, far and away, hurt myself more than Iā€™ve hurt anyone else in my life. I donā€™t know how to fix it. Iā€™ve been trying for yearsā€¦all I can do is keep trying.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œbstevison93, post:1, topic:17406ā€]
I feel like I will be judged
[/quote] is like the story of my life. Do you know when I do not have that feeling? When I am drinking! Do you know when that feeling is the worst for me? The morning after drinking! Itā€™s pretty unfair, but I have started to accept that is who I am.
@Keileigh you freaking nailed it! But you are definitely not a waste of time. I see many people being helped in this topic you posted, but most importantly we hope it is helping you!

2 Likes

Oh it is!! I have more hope in myself than I did a couple of days ago being soberā€¦ I need to keep pushing and me helping others while their helping me is amazing! Never knew it would happen

1 Like

I went to a work dinner and there was booze. I couldnā€™t help but feel guilty about all the times I was hungover at work or called in sick from drinking. I feel this intense guilt just being at work sober and someone asks me about an excuse Iā€™ve used. If I could get a job based on that Iā€™d be rich.

1 Like

@Miss_B what are some excuses you use?

Iā€™m at just about a week went out tonight with friends that were drinking. I just drank soda waters all night. I didnā€™t really give excuse but some friends gave me a double take. I just kept on rolling!

My excuses were for work when I would call out. No need to lie to my friends.

1 Like

This reminds me of a song from the album Iā€™ve currently got on repeatā€“the album is Hero by Maren Morris and the song is Rich. Itā€™s about a relationship and not alcohol, but oh, so similar. I guess most of us do have dysfunctional relationships with alcohol thoughā€¦so itā€™s comparable :blush:

1 Like

Lol I just YouTubeā€™d it. Nice to know someone can relate to the feeling excuses have on you all because you were hiding a love/hate relationship with addiction. ā€œIā€™d be rich la la la di daā€ lol thanks for the laugh

The whole album is brilliantā€“the song ā€œI Wish I Wasā€ is another good one. Thereā€™s a great line, ā€œgo on hate me if you have to, I hate myself too.ā€ Talk about a relatable lyricā€¦:joy:

1 Like

Music is great. But lately my friend sends me podcasts about tony Robbins lol. I love learning about psychology so I gave in and started listening to ā€œthe law of attractionā€, ā€œchanging your mindsetā€ etc

1 Like

I have to reset again tonight too. And Iā€™m so sad and mad!!! I went the longest Iā€™ve ever been able to go (14 days) felt good and looked healthy. Then I decided to have one drink out with friends and it blew up for another 3 weeks . So I see now that I canā€™t drink just one or 2. Or drink ever even socially. I am restarting and sorta pissed at myself too

Snap ! Iā€™ve also started learning about the law of attraction, Iv also just started reading Gabrielle Bernsteinā€™s the universe has your back :ok_hand:.

1 Like