I had to use the browser to add a profile picture

Hi guys

I had to use the browser TS to add a profile picture… I felt truly compelled to add that picture as I hide and always have hid. That includes my drinking… Hence I refuse to hide on here!
Anyway, just incase anyone has issues inserting their picture, as an android user, I had to sort to logging in via the browser :grin:

1 Like

Lovely to see your smile :blush:

2 Likes

Awww Bless… Thank You so much :blush:

1 Like

Your welcome. Hows things down in London?

1 Like

Very wet and windy lol… Where are you based? I notice you ask about ‘down in London’ something unusual as most of my life involves going down from here ha ha…
I do love the North though… Love it.
I do go to Ibiza on Tuesday to help my Mum move… Its hot there right now :smirk: just have to be so strong with the drinking…

I live in cumbria, south lake district, wet and windy here too.
Oh wow a trip to ibiza sounds great and some warm weather, full of temptations though I guess, do you gave a plan to help stay sober? X

1 Like

I adore Cumbria… All of it. I have journeyed South to North and have family near Waswater…
Yes my plan is to keep working and stay close to Mum’s house unless I drive, which suits Mum fine as she hates driving now.
I came clean with her today that I had a problem re alcohol… I had to as it is a big part of her evening life. She she denied it first (I could appear such a sober drunk until recently) but she accepted not to offer me one. Such early days… I thought it best to be honest

2 Likes

I love cumbria too. London is ok for short visits but too much going on for me, I prefer the peace of the country. :blush:

Yes good plan and forward thinking, and great talking to your mum, that takes guts, and also makes you accountable :+1::+1: a few things that helped in my early days… having fizzy sugary drinks at hand, exercise/yoga/meditation little and often keeps my cravings at bay, reaching out here when a craving hits there is always someone at hand to help you see sense, play the tape through (imagine the scenario through to the end, for me it ends up a 3 week bender and feeling like death) and lots of rest and delicious healthy food really nourishing my body and its needs.

2 Likes

Hmm. Did this way not work…?

Click your icon on the upper right

Click the gear for settings

Click the pencil (edit) icon next to your picture

Follow the pop-up dialog for adding a picture from your phone or the cloud.

2 Likes

For very personal reason I ended up in London. It will come out but I don’t like it either… I’m a real country girl :blush:

Thanks for the tips… They sure back up what I was thinking… Apart from the tape visualisation… That’s a good one… Thanks.
Luckily there’s loads to do, packing up etc so that will help me big time as when I drank in the end? It zapped all my energy clean away. I had nothing to give and it played on my PTSD big time… I’m glad you said telling my Mum was a good move… My ex, an alcoholic too, told me to tell no-one as it gets thrown in your face. So I abided not realising that I really believe it will only get thrown if I relapse… I believed all he said once as he was the AA been there, and seen it and done it. But this is my sobriety :blush: and people like you have, in a mere few days, been my sanity.
Thank you

2 Likes

Know that nobody here will ever throw anything in your face! We have all been there and we get it!

This is a great way to look at it, definitely do what feels right for you, and ignore words of people in active addiction as they dont always have your best interest at heart.

Glad your enjoying the app, it’s really is such a wonderful supportive place :blush::kissing_heart::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Thank you for talking to me… So much appreciated :blush: I love it here already… So positive

Hey no problem, lovely to meet you :blush: stick around :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart:

1 Like

I will! And likewise, a delight to meet you! I’m actually still learning how to use this forum… It’s unlike anything I’ve used before!
I truly hope to speak to you from Ibiza :blush: I will try my best

It’ll come with time :blush:

Yes please do…and some nice photos too…I’ve always wanted to visit, I hear its beautiful. X

1 Like

It really is… I grew up there and it is stunning :blush:

1 Like

Hi. I’m having the prob…can’t figure out how to add pics.
What exactly did you do? :blush:

1 Like

Looks like your sorted :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

How are you getting on @Imajicka??

I did!!! I’m just figuring this all out🤗

3 Likes