I hate my damn job

Oh, and there’s the time in one of my other places. Divorce drama. Man catches wife cheating. Man tell wife to leave. She moves in with boyfriend. Resents husband for insiting on fidelity. She and boyfriend decide it would be a good idea to break into her former abode, discovers locks have been changed. No entry? No problem. Boyfriend uses a crowbar to pry the door open, bending frame.

Husband arrives unexpectedly (what is it with this woman and her poor planning?) Relieves boyfriend of his “master key” and proceeds to administer some wall-to-wall marriage counseling, and includes dim-bulb boyfriend for shitsandgiggles.

Neighbors here said ruckus and call the local PD. They come rolling in code 6, and had to draw down on husband, who in his understandably agitated state could not be subdued with mere pepper spray.

Wife claims she has a right to be there. Police believe her. Write it up as a “domestic” and haul my tenant to the local crossbar motel.

I get a call to come issue a statement for his attorney as to who has occupancy rights and who doesn’t. Takes him two weeks to get the charges dropped. In the meantime, wife and boyfriend have cleaned him out.

So not only is the rent late, I have an effed up door that won’t close, an order to testify at his preliminary hearing, and…he wants my insurance to pay for his losses, because I “failed to take appropriate measures to secure the unit”, after his soon to be ex-wife b&e’d his ass. I suspect his legal strategy team were also guests of his temporary place of custodial control.

More time and effort to explain to this guy that his spunout life ain’t my problem. I just own the zoo. I don’t own the monkeys.

2 Likes

Thank you Stevie Tee so so much for this post!! It gave me a much needed laugh. It’s why I truly love this app. It’s helps me not just with my sobriety but it also keeps me sane. By the way, I think it’s amazing that you take the time to share your time & skills at the church. I did non profit work & it’s hard but can be full-filling.

2 Likes

It’s even better sober! Can’t be spiritually unemployed!

1 Like

Get into insurance they said…its good money they said…i havent seen much of the good money and the insurance i decided to pick is the worst! Workers Comp PEO policy underwriting. Nobody probably knows what that is bc its a special niche. 8 months into my position and im still asking the same questions as month 1. sigh

So why don’t you get your producers licenses for Life/Annuities and Personal Lines/Auto/Home. Bigger market.

Because there are so many rules and regulations to learn and remember. Being a drunk for so many years has destroyed my memory and you need a sharp mind for that. Besides…i avoided insurance my whole life bc i thought i would hate it but a good opportunity fell in my lap so i tried it. The company amd coworkers are fantastic. Its the job itself. And our computer software isnt built for our special niche so we have to jump through hoops to get anything done. As soon as i have a procedure down pat the higher ups change it. Which usually results in more work.

Not sure what the test is like where you live, but the test in my state was a breeze, at least for me. But I understand all the memorizing stuff…that kinda comes easy for me, even after 25 years of drinking. Not so easy for others. But…if you are doing Workers Comp…you understand the basic concepts of insurance, and learned the regulations behind your product. Why not take a crack at it? What’s there to lose, except a little time with your nose in a book?

Quit!

I quit my job so many time because I hated it and or was fired! 8)) get your own business, you can do it, i did, and i am a drunk, then let those whinny ass people pay you a lot of money for putting up with them!8)))

This thread needs the musical stylings of Johnny Paycheck’s classic to soothe the aggravation herein.

1 Like

Well Dood I have been self emoyed for over twenty years. A drunk … Working his a## off. And you can do it too. Quit for about a week… Gain some momentum and then don’t pick up your phone for any reason when you are under the influence. Ever. Unless you have an accountability partner you can talk too. That will not judge, keep youoving forward and help you forgive yourself…
Remember. Do what you say you will do and return every phone call. No matter how bad it may be. Take responsibility and collect that money from those whinny a## people.and laugh all the way to the bank…

By the way. The only way to reap is to give. Malachai 3, and Luke 6:38.

Make sure you tip generously and give to all in need… Your business will not fail! Says God!. Mine has not and I a have been at it a long time.

Read Malachai 3 . many times…and Luke 6:38. Pressed down and over flowing.

If you really want something. You have to give it away. So if you want love… Then give. If you want money then give. If you want respect then give
All is reciprocal.
Why does auto correct always correct to live when we type love… Always… Must be a liberal programmers

If you want sobriety give it to someone else.

The teaching pattern:

1. Learn one
  2. Do one
  3. Teach one
1 Like

Pardon my French but FUCK ME!! This job drives me crazy

Yep…seen it before. Toilet leaking for months, and the tenant doesn’t report it. Turns from a simple repair of “replace the $3.00 wax ring” to a major structural repair…in a Tyvek suit…and you still have to replace the $3.00 wax ring.

I had one tenant who had a pair of sunglasses fall off their face, while they were flushing the toilet. Didn’t call me until the obstruction caused an overflow, which damaged the floor…and the unit below.

I would be lying if I didn’t think to myself “I have to replace the carpet anyways…I could dispose of this guy”.

1 Like