I’m back after a long few months…

Hi y’all! I’m back. Most of you may not remember me, I joined back in March and then kept failing so gave up and have been drinking quite heavily since.

But after a 7 day bender on copious amounts of wine, I’ve woken today very, very unwell.

So whilst I was sleeping my hangover off, I asked my husband to remove every speck of alcohol in the house and I have returned to this group to try and fight this demon of mine, alcohol.

So here is reaching my first day sober and for many more to follow.

Thanks for reading.

Linda.

Ps - I’m from Australia :australia:

16 Likes

Welcome back!! You and I share the same DOC…

May I ask what your recovery program looks like? When I quit the first 15 times I tried to do it on my own.

Now I work a 12 step program, go to meetings, and have a sponsor.

This program has saved my life :pray:

Nice to see you here :heart:

9 Likes

At this stage I don’t have a program. I am going to make an appointment to see my Dr this week to work something out. For now, I’m attempting again to do this by myself.

Nice to meet you.

1 Like

Meetings and a sponsor will make it easier wish you well . keep us posted on your recovery

5 Likes

Hi Linda,
Welcome back. I’m from Australia too.
I know all too very well how you must be feeling today, but the good news is you never have to feel like this again! With some self-love, courage and determination, you can live your best life! Your sober life! It’s a commitment though, to honour yourself and your life. You are worthy of a happy, peaceful and fulfilled life :sparkling_heart: though you won’t find this with alcohol. Alcohol takes these things from us. Some things that have helped me along my own recovery journey:

• Say NO to the drink that matters, the FIRST drink. Then there won’t be a second or third or so on.
  • When you’re thinking about having a drink, play the tape Alllll the way through! Think about how you will feel about yourself and the next day. Your mind will try to glamorize drinking and will convince you that it’s a good idea. It’s not.
  • Take this just one day at a time.
  • Find a group of ppl who will support you all the way.
  • Be proud of being sober. Own it. Look for all the good it’s bringing into your life.
  • Remember that there will still be plenty of hard days. These come and go. The longer you stay sober, the stronger you become, and happier.

I wish you all the very best :slightly_smiling_face:

sober life = our best life

3 Likes

Hi Linda, welcome back. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

I tried to do it ‘by myself’ for years and years,I failed at trying to do it ‘my way’… I gave up on me and put blind faith in online meetings,found a sponsor within a couple of weeks and all the online meetings literally in the world…I have done it all online this time and I have seen newcomers get clean by just showing up everyday on an online meeting and asking for support…it’s scary at first to ask for help from people you don’t know but I tell you it’s more supportive than any doctor I’ve ever asked for ‘help’…:pray:

1 Like

its OK alcoholism isn’t racist.

2 Likes

Haaaaaaa :rofl::joy::joy::grin::grin::star:

1 Like