I am here again

I dropped off this app again because I gave up and let my drinking take over. It’s been quite a few months of me drinking daily. Until Friday night. I woke up yesterday so sick, that I honestly do believe my body is telling me enough.

So here I am, Day 1 again. Determined to stay sober yet again.

I’ve downloaded some hypnotherapy podcasts and have a Drs appointment Monday to discuss my options.

34 Likes

You got this.
I relapsed as well and it took me a long time to find the courage to try again.
Stick with it, you’ll rock the hell out of it

8 Likes

Welcome back, Linda.

Keep us posted on what your Doc recommends.

Glad you’re here.

4 Likes

Welcome back! :pray:t2::two_hearts::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Glad your back! So many others that dont make it out.:pray:

3 Likes

Welcome back! Glad you came back to us. How was day 1?

3 Likes

Hi and welcome back!
Motivation, determination and some extra help from others is all you need and you got all that! :facepunch:
Succes at the docter’s appointment and keep us posted!

4 Likes

Welcome back Linda.

Hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Hi im glad you know we are all here to support you, i hope your feeling better :hugs:

1 Like

It went ok. Distracted myself with work. This evening will be interesting. It’s a hot day here and there will be lots of temptation!

5 Likes

Praying for you Linda!

2 Likes

So glad you made it back. I have a friend that went back out drinking a couple weeks ago and now she’s on life support. Too many people don’t get another chance so those of us that do need to take it seriously.

7 Likes

Hey! Dr recommend AA, hypnotherapy & suggest I go see a psychiatrist.

6 Likes

That should help. I know for me the biggest shift in my sobriety happened when I gave up trying to do it on my own: I got “the gift of desperation” - that point where I was willing to try whatever it took to move forward and stay sober.

It’s been an up and down year for you - there’s been a cycle:

See a pattern? :innocent: So many of us have been there. You are not alone.

The good news is you never have to feel this way again. There’s some good resources & meetings here:

Resources for our recovery

And if you’re looking for online meetings:

Online meeting resources

Take care Linda and never give up. You’re a good person and you deserve a safe, sober life where you feel comfortable with yourself. You deserve to be happy with yourself - and you can be.

5 Likes

I did the same thing and now sober 2.6 days. Keep getting those days of sobriety under your belt. You know how much that does for our confidence because the first days, couple weeks to month are the hardest. Keep the support strong around you and FORGIVE YOURSELF!!! Keep doing positive things you enjoy for your mental and physical health/well being. You look like you’re on a good track already with your productivity. Let’s keep in touch. I’m here for you too :heartbeat: :heart: :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you for finding those posts. I definitely can see a pattern. And I will refer back to these when I’m feeling myself falling off the wagon again.

2 Likes

One minute, one hour, one day at a time! You’ll get there, life will knock you down but you choose whether you get up or not and you’ve not given up so keep smashing it!

1 Like

It’s useful :innocent:

Another trick is to keep a list with you, of why you’re sober. All the benefits - the kind of things that can be easy to forget when your brain is romanticizing drinking (we all do that with our addictions, especially in the early days).

Sassy has a good list here - scroll down to the bullet points:

Never give up. Never, ever give up. You’re a good person and you deserve a safe, sober life where you can be your full self.

1 Like