I’m done with this ce

One day at a time. Today is day 10. Just trying to get through one day at a time right now.

15 Likes

YAY!!! Look at you go! One day at a time is all anyone can do. honestly, sometimes I have to do it minute by minute, hour by hour. Anticipating triggers.
You’re amazing. Keep it up. I’m proud of you!

1 Like

Good for you Zach :+1: Be gentle with yourself. It’s a journey and being kind to yourself is part of the process. It’s ok to admit you’re struggling. It is a hard road for all of us, you included.

1 Like

10 is huge!

3 Likes

5 Likes

Looks like New England, where I grew up!

2 Likes

Hey y’all, just catching up on this thread what amazing work you’re doing Zach!!! I just wanted to chime in to say that a different points in my sobriety twice a day ice cream or mochi or french fries or bubble baths or pastas, have ALL been a thing… For right now all that matters is that you’re working to be sober one day at a time👍🏻

5 Likes

I love those country properties Zach, that’s a beautiful place. Is that your driveway out there?

1 Like

Zach, my experience has been the threat of a relapse happened well in advance. On some level I knew a relapse was imminent. And “surprise”…I relapsed. You are going to get urges…you are going to miss your DOC. The time to plan for those feelings is now. Relapses are NOT a given. They don’t have to happen. You will regret it if you use. That’s pretty much a given.

Stay close. Have a plan. You can do this!

5 Likes

How can we help Zach? What are you actively doing to enhance your sobriety? I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say, we don’t want to see you go back out there. That sh&$ isn’t worth it.

2 Likes

10 is huge! I have been following this but didn’t post yet. You have got this! You are doing great!

1 Like

Wow, this is so accurate I remember the last time I did, the entire conversation I had with myself driving home from the triggering event. I have chosen not to keep alcohol in my home going forward. What do you suggest to help with this?

1 Like

Sad to say I caved in. Just want to be honest here. Back to the drawing board

4 Likes

Now you know what you have to work on, Zach. Back up on it!

2 Likes

“There is no dark side of the moon, really. Matter of fact, it’s all dark.”

2 Likes

It’s OK Zach and honesty is imperative. Pick yourself up and start fresh. You have ten days in your back pocket now…those first ten days are the fucking WORST for me so hopefully because you just had a little slip you won’t have to go through all that super tough shit again. Get your eyes back on the horizon, we are all walking with you.

:orange_heart::dizzy::seedling:

4 Likes

No worries Brother. You’re not done until you say you are. In AA some of the most successful people have started over more times than they can remember before it finally took. I couldn’t tell you how many times I have tried because there have been too many. I was a “functioning” alcoholic for a long time but finally that also fell apart and started to lose every job that I was put into. This is the nature of our problem “It wants to kill us and doesn’t care how it does it” I now have been active with AA for the last 2 months and have learned alot about how my “unique” brain works. I now have Peace and Serenity in my life that is so much more valuable than the “cheap” relief of alcohol. No, things are not perfect and all of the problems of life are still there. But now I can fight them with a clear and sober mind. If you need I am always ready to listen. Just side message me if you want. Don’t stop fighting !!

3 Likes

I’m just going to throw my 2 cents in to try to help because I haven’t heard back from you with my question. not sure if it applies, but if your wondering if your an alcoholic. Go read pages 20-21 in the big book of Alcoholics Anonymous, it explains the 3 different types of drinkers. Be honest with yourself and determine which one you fall under. If your drinker number 3, then you got this thing called alcoholism. There is no cure, but lucky for you, it is treatable if you do the work to change, grow, and maintain your sobriety. The only step in the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous that you need to do perfectly is step 1. The rest is progress not perfection. If this doesn’t apply just disregard me. Best of luck man, I hope you figure out new ways to stay on a good sober path. :+1:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

4 Likes

I don’t have the book. I don’t see it on here either.

2 Likes

It’s not a Talking Sober thing, it’s an AA thing. But you can find the PDF online free here, by chapters:
https://www.aa.org/the-big-book

Pages 20-21 are in Chapter 2, There is a Solution:

5 Likes