I need help. I am stuck in a loop

I relapsed last April after 7 months of sobriety. I’ve been trying to get sober since last September and I just keep falling. What used to keep me sober doesn’t work anymore. I’ve tried so many new approaches, but the cravings grab hold of me like they never did before. Instead of coming and going like a wave, they are just heavy stones stuck to my back that weigh me down until my legs give way. I wake up wanting to be sober, but by night, it’s like I have amnesia. All I want is a drink, and there is no voice of reason in my head to challenge that want.

I surrender. I am completely overpowered. I am sick, I have no control, and I need help. Now what?

1 Like

Have you tried AA? A lot of people have found it lifechanging. I’ve been around the rooms for a little while and will happily answer any questions you might have if I can.

3 Likes

IOP and CR helped me tremendously. I couldn’t even make it to day 7 until I got my support groups and people to lean on.

2 Likes

Exactly that, surrender. You can’t beat it you will never control it so just admit you are powerless over alcohol. when we get to the point where we can’t live with it and we can’t live without it then either option is going to cause us pain, we can now choose the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.

5 Likes

Detox, IOP and AA got me sober. Have you considered a program? Here’s a link you may find useful. Resources for our recovery

2 Likes

Maybe your havnt got the desire or made enough effort yet, there are people and programs that can help try a zoom meeting wish you well

2 Likes