I need help, I just have no idea where to start

This is my first post, so nervous but I couldnt go to work today because I got drunk last night. I know I need help I know I have a problem, I’m just really scared and have no idea who to turn to or who to ask for help from. I want to be sober I want to be in control and I want my active happy life back, where do I start?

12 Likes

You’ve started!!! Keep reading here, read the others stories, I’m only a few days in and it’s already helping… Sooo many people have gone down this road, kinda thought I was the odd one out, but there are an abundance of us who went too far down the path, something here / someone’s story will resonate with you… And knowing you’re not alone…

5 Likes

Day 4 here and I felt like you. You have to be totally honest with yourself. Tell someone, for accountability. Go to a meeting!

And remember ONE DAY AT A TIME!!! That has been my lifesaver.

5 Likes

Welcome Pennylane, I’m glad you came here. Read alot and be kind to yourself today!:hugs::bouquet:

5 Likes

Here is a great place to start…

6 Likes

Coming here and posting is a GREAT place to start. Read read read. Ask questions. We’ve all been the new person not sure where to start before.

Another great place to start is with your local AA group. They will be easy to find online. Give them a call and they will help you get to a meeting. Having face to face support is so valuable, you just can’t imagine how great it feels to be surrounded by people who literally understand exactly what you are going through. The internet is comforting because it is anonymous and you can keep it at an arms length…but that personal touch will bring you so much more.

YOU CAN DO IT!!

4 Likes

Start with today, today you do not drink.
And tomorrow? Repeat the above.
Meanwile read here all you can find about your addiction and how to beat it.
What helped me lot is being here every day to read and check in sober. If you have cravings, come here and talk about it instead of drinking.
Were here for you! :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you, I’m overwhelmed by all of the kind people here, responding and sharing and truly wanting to help without judgement. Thank you!!

5 Likes

Welcome and well done for opening up, letting in room for healing, your amount friends here :two_hearts:

1 Like

Me being in control was my problem. Running on self knowledge and self-will kept me closed minded. Not till i relinquished control did i see that a new source of strength had to come from a power much greater then myself. Go to a meeting and get a sponsor work the steps. Honesty Open-mindedness and Willingness was my solution. We all love you

2 Likes

Hi, welcome :pray:t2: my doc was alcohol also. It’s scary how it gets hold of you. This forum is amazing! Please stick around… I found that reading lots on here and reading quite a few of the books in the subject really helped. It’s a great thing that you have realised that you’re ready to start your sober journey. It feels like you will never be free in the beginning but you honestly will be… get plenty of rest and stay hydrated, together we will do this journey one day at a time xxx

1 Like

Welcome!

You’re already off to a great start!

Lots of wisdom and support here.

1 Like

Welcome. It’s what we do. Your never alone now.

1 Like

And don’t you know it Muhahaha!

1 Like