I need someone to talk tooooo

I drank last night and this morning. I’m feeling so awful now and I did this to myself. I’m sad, feeling guilty, tired, and lost.

6 Likes

What happened?

2 Likes

Welcome back. It’s been awhile. Wise to come back when you’ve relapsed. What’s been happening since you last posted?

3 Likes

I have been there many times. Sending you a hug

2 Likes

What you gonna do about it now, you can’t change the past but it’s not too late to change your today. Alcohol loves self pity, sobriety loves yourself.

8 Likes

First things first, u can’t undrink the alcohol, so let go of the guilt and concentrate on drinking water, sleeping, etc, to get it out of ur system. Then really think about why u want to quit. U said u are tired, write down all the ways alcohol sucks your life out of u. It doesn’t have to be like this anymore. It can be different starting right now.

8 Likes

It can’t be that bad. Get some sleep and try to find joy in a life without alcohol.

2 Likes

Welcome back Tigerlilly :innocent: Good advice above - drink some water & get some rest. Have a bath!

The fact you feel bad is actually good. It means you want to change. That’s good :innocent:

Get some rest & then when you wake up, hit up a meeting. Online here:
Online meeting resources

Or in person (many of these also have online):
Resources for our recovery

If you want to distract yourself for the moment hang around here & keep reading. We’re interesting folks :smile:

6 Likes

Hi. Well, I was doing so good. Idk why I decided I could have “a couple beers” (8) Because I’ve been doing so good. I thought I could control it but obviously I cannot. I knew this was going to happen and instead of being strong and stopping it I let myself make that mistake. I will move on from it. I will take the advice of somebody else on here and drink water and flush out my system. I’m at the point where I just wish it was out of my body. A lost feeling. But when I went to start drinking I knew that I was going to feel that way. I just made a really stupid mistake.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! And thank you for that information I am going to check into it right now.

1 Like

@Tigerlilly the advice is often given to profit from this exact situation by making it unforgettable to you. Write out how shitty you feel right now, pour all that regret and disgust into palpable form and pin it up on the fridge and wherever. Use it as a deterrent. Your relapse might come to help you this way in the future.
Good luck.

5 Likes

Having a shit day… totally understand, luckily still sober and AF…so it can happen

1 Like

Maybe think about staying here for a while, at least until you are once again strong in sobriety?

3 Likes

If you dont mind? Oh were you drinking with? Your self or friends?

1 Like

Friends. Friends that I quit hanging out with to sober up and was doing so good.

It very hard to cut people out from our lives. But just remember, it’s have a good time with them for that moment and feel like shit the next day physically and mentally , or tell them you can’t be around them and live the rest of your life sober, happy, and never wake up feeling shitty again