I need to drink. Crisis moment

I remember it hurting my back. I’m a big stiffy. I know my limits. It hurt my back 20 years ago. No way I’m trying it now. Got to listen to your body when your 62. Or learn the hard way. I’m sick of learning the hard way.

1 Like

Can you create that same feeling somewhere else? Like on the coutch behind a blanket with a candle on? Maybe burning some encense? Watch Netflix? Do you have a bathtub? That gives me the feeling of a save space always :wink:
I do not know your timezone ore if you have to work ore other stuff.

2 Likes

By the way. I think your pretty cool coming on here and asking for help. That takes courage. Great job.
Nice gratitude list.
All right.
Got to get my screens off before 11. Nice meeting you officially Amalia.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

3 Likes

Hi there. I too have been having a lot of struggles with my 14 year old daughter. This is just an awful age. I try not to take personally anything she does or says to me. It’s really a challenge. My safe space is my bed with my TV. If I have to go to bed to end the day sober, turn on the insight timer app, whatever I need to do to end the day sober, I do it. Those days aren’t very frequent anymore, but still happens time to time. Hang in there. You are very likely to feel much better tomorrow morning.

5 Likes

I’m home now. I’ve locked the doors and put on my jammies so there’s no going out now. I’ve just had a big cry after seeing my BF briefly who smelt like vodka so that set me off. I’ve got a good book and you guys. I’ve just got to get through tonight. :muscle:

16 Likes

You can do this

1 Like

Sounds so similar.
My daughters at her friends house now and I’m in bed, about to read some of my book. Thanks for replying. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

You are welcome, and ironically my 14 year old challenging teenager is my avatar pic 13 years ago. What the hell happens to them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:?

5 Likes

These moments DO pass try to hang in there
Occupy urself with a shower or something try to beat it these moments only get worse if u continu to drink. Alcohol causes depression

1 Like

Good you are here. stay strong and don’t pick up that first drink.
You don’t need to drink, Its is just a fantasy that you need drink, the fantasy of having a drink may look nice but is is not, it will make you feel worse!
You can do this! Sending you strength and courage :muscle: :blue_heart:

3 Likes

I was like this 2 days ago. Sometimes we don’t know how we make it but we do. Please stay strong and talk to us here. I’m barely on day 11 . I would had restarted 2 days ago. Just remember the bad stuff that comes with it. It won’t end whatever is going on. It’s one day at a time it’s one second at a time. You can do this! I cried so much, I was so angry, but I woke up sober and I was grateful for that. This is a rollercoaster. Stay on it. Dig deep to that strength. :muscle:
You’re not alone🫂

3 Likes

Hey Amalia sorry it’s tough going at the moment! Don’t forget the womens 24/7 meetings you can jump onto at anytime, I think you enjoyed them last time? Hang in there, you CAN get through this. We are all here for you xx

4 Likes

If you find the answer, let me know!! :tired_face::rofl:

Thank you. I’ve got through it thank goodness. My logical mind disappeared for a good few hours there. It was a close call!
Thanks for your support :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Thank you so much. Strength and courage well received. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Well done to you! I’ve been much the same this afternoon, but I got past dinner and that’s when I know I’m safe. Plus I’m in my jammies. I will most certainly wake up proud of myself tomorrow. Thank you for replying :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thank you. I will definitely be attending the meeting tonight. Thanks again :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Only just seen this…… well done on coming here and reaching out! It took me a long time to learn to do that. I’m so glad you made it through sober. I love the fact that you found this place, together we can do this. :relaxed: I had a massive row with my 19 year old son the other day, my blood was boiling but I took a good hard look at myself in that moment and realised that my go to thoughts were not I need a drink! Something shifts when you keep charging through the cravings, at some point the brain realises that the drink will not help. Don’t know when it happened but a few times now I’ve noticed it. Keep going! It DOES get easier :ok_hand::two_hearts::pray:t2:@LeeHawk…. I know right! It’s like someone came along and changed our kids over with monsters!! It’s so hard sometimes :pensive: but they do get passed it apparently (so I’m told :crossed_fingers:t2::woman_shrugging:t3::joy:) teenagers hey​:woman_shrugging:t3::woman_facepalming:t3: :two_hearts:

8 Likes

I’m glad to see you made it through the day. Some days come easy, some are extremely difficult but they are all possible. Best wishes to you

1 Like

Well done!! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

3 Likes