I need to drink. Crisis moment

I have reached boiling point. I’ve gone for a walk with the dog, and I’m not feeling better at all, in fact I feel worse. Sat outside bottle shop earlier and made a few calls and didn’t go in. I have a pain in my chest so bad that I can hardly breathe. I don’t know if I can get through this one. I just want to disappear.

9 Likes

You’re here talking and that is good. Why do you feel you need to drink?

4 Likes

What’s going on?

3 Likes

Hang in there, hold on tight.

4 Likes

Are you home? Can you get in a really hot shower? For 20 or even 30 minutes and get a good cry going. And let it all out that way?
Drinking is not the answer. Shit doesn’t change with a drink.
We all know it makes it worse.

9 Likes

I’ve felt like this the last three days but managed to stay dry so far. I’ve had a hell of a last 3 years, and I’m not at the final sprint and I just can’t keep up! Just had a fight with my ungrateful teenage daughter when I was trying to help her out. It just feels like the life has been pulled out of me and I can’t take another step.

6 Likes

Glad you are here Amalia! It means also a part of you do not want that drink. Think about how you will feel tomorrow if you do drink, how bad you will feel.
Push trough lady, keep talking here!

4 Likes

I know. And that’s why I haven’t drunk. But the most of my brain is saying Fuck it all!

6 Likes

I’m in a bad zone where I just don’t care.
Rather, I feel like I don’t care.

3 Likes

Amalia.
I didn’t know that was you name. It’s a very pretty name. I just know you as the roller blade person.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

I don’t want to say the wrong thing. I can only speak from my experience. When I have had a drink when I really felt I couldn’t do it it has always resulted in me feeling worse not better. I think the drink will help but it never does. You are here and talking and that means you don’t want to give in to it. Every hour that passes you are getting stronger.Try to remember all the reasons you stopped they are still valid. Good luck. Sending love

6 Likes

Thank you. Answered above. I’m just not coping today, feel like throwing the towel in.

2 Likes

Haha, thank you. I’m pretty well known to my friends as the skater girl too, :heart:🛼

7 Likes

Gratitude works great for me. Especially if I’m feeling down. Some people go on there and force them selves to write down ten things there grateful for. It’s a pretty powerful tool.

2 Likes

Since you’re here. And if you got time to read. Brian started a great thread about HALT.
It’s a good read. And it won’t make you black out or give you a hangover.

5 Likes

I use to live rollerblading when the kids were young. A hundred years ago. I love watching the young adults at the beach glide by effortlessly. So nice to be young.

1 Like

A few days ago you had a hard time too and you came here as well to ask for help. What helped you back then to overcome it?
Every minute you push trough is a win! A craving will not last forever. They come and go.
I know it’s hard, I’m addicted to alcohol as well.

4 Likes

You’re never too old to take it up. I often do marathon skates with a 72 year old man. :grinning:

7 Likes

I pretty much tucked myself into bed and watched mindless TV until I fell asleep. But I can’t do that right now. It’s my safe space.

2 Likes

I did it. Thank you. I have a lot to be grateful for :relaxed:

4 Likes