I need to get/ stay sober

I’m not trying to trigger anyone I’m just really scared rn. I have social anxiety, no money or insurance and a lot of trauma. I don’t feel like I have not one healthy way to deal with these things and it’s ruining my life so much. I just turned 21 and this wasn’t supposed to go like this. This is going to suck but it’s my last stitch effort I feel like I could really end up dying if I keep using and I got so much good to do.

8 Likes

I don’t recognize myself when I use. I’m not a terrible person but I’ve really fucked up and I want to do better. Does anyone have some tips please.

5 Likes

While it’s great that you’re here and I’ll tell you this place helps a ton, it seems like this might be a crisis situation. Do you have someone you trust that you could talk to in your life or would you be willing to contact a local crisis line?

Others may have better advice but I feel like the sooner you get help the better.

5 Likes

Hey bud, welcome!

Alcohol was my drug of choice. I drank for over 20 years before getting sober. What helped me was being a part of this community. Reading, writing, getting involved, being inspired by others. There’s decades of sobriety experience written on these wall here, take time to read and find your tribe.

Sobriety isn’t easy at first, that’s why you got to take it one day at a time. Get through today, that’s all you gotta do.

Rest well, eat well, stay hydrated. It might be a bumpy ride, but the journey is worth it.

Be well!

10 Likes

Hi and welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Its great that you want to change your life for the better and you can do it, your not alone there are so many people here that have either experienced and been through/still going through similar situations that will support you.
Take each day at a time and let your body and mind heal, it does get better.
Maybe try a meeting ? Have you spoken with your gp or a therapist? Asking for help down that route is not as bad as we imagine i say this from experience.
I hope you start to feel better and its good your reaching out for help :hugs:
There are many topics you can search using the search bar which you may find helpful.
Take one day at a time.

7 Likes

Hey thank you guys for responding, I don’t know how comfy I am talking with someone over the phone right now but I did schedule a call for tonight to try and keep myself busy. I also threw all my stuff out I was using uppers Idk I just wanted to not feel super shit all the time but it just has the opposite effect. Id love to be consistent at local groups but I don’t have transportation yet. I have a niece that was just born and I wanna be there for her and my nephew. I don’t want the few people I do talk to thinking of or remembering me like this, I’m just super scared.

5 Likes

Thank you guys so much though I had no clue this was a thing. I really felt sooo alone for a good bit of the past couple years

4 Likes

I’m so glad you’re here, reach out any time. Sobriety is new to me as well but this place is wonderful!

4 Likes

There is also a 24 hour zoom AA meeting that someone shared here. It’s helped me and could be useful if transportation is an issue. You can stay invisible and just listen.

292 371 2604

No password needed

5 Likes

Thank you so much, I’m going to join while I’m on the call tonight I’m just really scared of big groups of people but I promise I’ll join by 8 at the latest. I don’t have a way to access a steady therapist but I’m really greatful this is here. I can message any time?

3 Likes

Maybe meetings will help you will meet people who have been in your shoes I’ve been were you are the fear is overwhelming sometimes but if you push threw the fear get comfortable being uncomfortable you will grow and get better take it one day at a time all you have to focus on is getting your head on the pillow sober and life will work itself out I used alcohol and cocaine for years and years I’m now 135days clean it is possible if you want it bad enough I used AA and CA :pray:t2:

6 Likes

You can message any time. I may not have the answers but I will always try my best to help find someone who does.

5 Likes

I’m gonna look up local groups. I can do this I just gotta really make sure I stay on track this time. I come from a long line of addicts so I just fell into this stuff super easily

4 Likes

You guys are awesome

2 Likes

You can do this I feel bad for you being so young and struggling but I know many young people who have gone to NA and thrived!

4 Likes

Welcome Red!

If you don’t have transport that’s no big deal, there are lots of meetings running online. “InTheRooms” (linked in the thread below) has meetings for many different recoveries & there’s other online options too:

For more of a narcotics / pills / drugs focus (might be closer to the uppers you mention), Narcotics Anonymous has thousands of online meetings listed. Just join in and you’re good! It’s a safe sober space to be - and people understand:

https://virtual-na.org/meetings/

Welcome Red. One step at a time :innocent:

5 Likes

Everyone here is so lovely. It means a lot that you’re sharing your stories with me. I was really scared to reach out to anyone. I’m definitely gonna use the online meetings when I don’t have transportation but I do feel like physically going anytime I can will be really good for me in the long run. I do drag/art/perform for income and I feel like I could make it if I didn’t spend all my time and money on being high. Thank yall

2 Likes

I don’t know where your from,

But in the states they do offer detox and rehabs for people without insurance and money. You just have to look in your area. Also free help to those with mental health issues

However your reached out here, that’s a step in the right direction keep at it man

2 Likes

Thats good youve made contact with someone meetings will make it easier for you ,just remember that everyone there will prob have been were you are now and give you advice , and at 21 youve got your whole life ahead of you , take it from this old 70 year old stay sober live longer wish you well

1 Like