I suck under pressure

The gift that keeps giving. New batch of newbies to share the story with

4 Likes

Diarrhea or this thread? :joy:

3 Likes

@Samuelrobles…probably not good advice…but it kept me sober

1 Like

@Est, this is the story that @MoCatt was talking about.

1 Like

I am cracking up from this story! LOL people at work came and checked on me lol

3 Likes

Hilarious :laughing: omg yes! How weird is society when we are more embarrassed to say we’re sober than say we have diarrhea omg lol! Thank you for this gem

5 Likes

Absolutely this.

6 Likes

At 5 months, I just say I dont drink…if someone presses, I just tell them I am alcoholic…

3 Likes

It’s good to know that we can evolve! haha :rofl:

1 Like

I am who I am…if someone doesnt like it…I will go find other friends…just tired of hiding who I am…and let’s face it…we all have issues…just different names for them.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Absolutely! At least you can look back on this story and see how far you’ve come! I think that’s pretty cool!

1 Like

An old sailor, quoting an old sailor

2 Likes

Dude, i kind of love the awkward silence and look i get when i dead pan tell people im an alcoholic when im out and not ordering beers and they ask why not. Usually theyre like noooo, you’re messing around right. Nope! Not one bit buddy. I used to drink like a fish and then some! They leave me alone after that.

10 Likes

@SoberSpice

This is an inspiring story, and I’m thankful that you chose to share it. I really hope that I find more like minded individuals whom will give that kind of support to tell you how to explain not drinking to your comrades in the comradarie.

This is wonderful.

3 Likes

@Lionfish here is the story

1 Like

Going back to this restaurant tonight…a friend remembered I am getting with in days of my 6 month point and my Birthday. Amazing what a few months brings…if she drinks…I have no worries, not making up any stories…not yelling out loud that I have diarrhea…I am just simply not going to drink…unfortunately that isn’t as funny of a story.

5 Likes

But brilliant to remind us of this thread and the OP. Which is a very funny story!

Might you be tempted to yell out some other gross bodily function, just for old times sake? :joy:

3 Likes