I think I just relapsed? Or not

So, I always pack my own lunch. I cook and prep everything…I like my food to be perfect. As I like it. I asked someone to pack my salad… I just ran out of time and had to shower. I get to work and pour my dressing on my salad. That shit was the best dressing ever! :sleepy: I get home and see this damn bottle in the fridge…

Now Im questioning things. Is this shit even a relapse?! I dont even cook with wine because i want none of it in my system. Im mad that i didnt notice the smell when i opened it at work. I was so focused on my steak and how good it looked, that I over looked this shit. :roll_eyes: I might as well have a drink and make it worth my while…

4 Likes

You’re joking riiiiiight?
I mean, I hope you are joking.

13 Likes

I wondered the same thing!

5 Likes

During the process of making red wine vinegar, an enzymatic reaction breaks down some components of the grapes, which includes alcohol, and makes acetic acid instead. Therefore, no alcohol remains in the final product

Hope that helps.

13 Likes

It’s actually pretty informative.
I still hope he was kidding though :grin:

3 Likes

Without knowing, least I can do is offer some reassurance I guess. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

You didn’t relapse. It’s vinegar. There’s no alcohol in there.

4 Likes

I had a banana with lunch :grimacing:

8 Likes

Steve, you’re an animal. :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Which hole did you eat it with? :thinking:

3 Likes

:rofl: Didn’t know I had an option.

3 Likes

I’m not a dressing expert, but I think you’re fine, bro.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Wasn’t talking shit. Had a banana with lunch which contains alcohol like many other items. Wasn’t sure if you were joking or not with your post. Didn’t mean to offend or upset you in any way so if I did I apologize.

1 Like

I might want to add something. Do not hesitate to cook with wine, or any alcohol. The boiling temperature of ethanol is very low (lower than boiling water, or any typical steak-cooking temperatures). This means that alcohol evaporates almost instantly, and, from a physical perspective, there is nothing to be afraid of.

It would be a pity to miss out on boeuf bourguignon and blanquette de veau for the wrong reasons :blush:

2 Likes

I take my sobriety very seriously…so if I eat something that says “RED WINE” on it…regardless of what it is, I’m going to worry about it. I haven’t had a drop of alcohol in over 5 years and I would hate to restart my journey over a damn dressing. I don’t cook with beer, wine or tequila.

A banana has nothing to do with my question. If your trying to make me sound stupid then, yes, you insult me…

4 Likes

Anthony i understand cos im the same i dont want it in my body in any way shape or form…this was an accident and was eaten unwittingly as it wasnt known to you so there was zero intent… it changes nothing…i get your anger but its not your fault friend :people_hugging: it changes nothing with your sober time, no need to be so hard on yourself

2 Likes

You didn’t relapse. Don’t worry

2 Likes

No worry, this product - as all dressings - is a highly processed product. The manufaturer states it contains wine and wine vinegar. wine vinegar has no alcohol. from my knowledge about the tricks of the food industry, the labelling “contains cabernet sauvignon” normally refers to 1 liter wine for 1000 liter dressing or so. There for sure are only some wine molecules in your dressing bottle if any. Further the product undergoes a process of preservation which normally includes high temperature.
You definitely do’t have to worry or reset your counter.
For information of ingredients and product I looked up the manufacturer’s website: https://www.wish-bone.com/vinaigrettes/red-wine-vinaigrette

4 Likes

There are no silly questions, glad you had your answer, and congratulations for your 5 years of sobriety!

3 Likes