I wanna drink so bad right now

This happened to my car today. I wanna drink sooo bad. I had an awesome day at work. I was happy. Got home and parked my car. Fired up a video game with a fellow co worker. Then i get a call and they said your car is in the woods. I thought they were messing with me. The e brake/slipped out of gear. I have no idea what happened. In the last 8 years of me parking i have never forgot one of the two things.

12 Likes

That sucks but drinking won’t help. These types of things happen, they suck don’t make them suck more. Do you have insurance that will pay for damages?

5 Likes

Sorry that happened. Sometimes life kicks you in the ass! Like Dan said drinking won’t help it only makes things worse.

4 Likes

I’m sorry this has happened, and I completely get the urges, but you drink - then what?
Will your car be fixed? Will it undo what has happened? Or will you feel like absolute shit, with a banging headache, awful nausea and a broken car?

Don’t do it, friend. Let your sadness and anger out another way, and you can wake up with a clear head and get things sorted. The car can be fixed, and you still had a good day. You just have to choose to see it that way.

5 Likes

That could have been a lot worse. I’m betting that your car still runs. If not, a new radiator costs $100. A new front bumper cover costs $100 on eBay. (It won’t be red. It will be black) You can do a lot of this yourself.
Try to straighten out the hood on your own as best as you can. For less than $500, you can still fix up and drive around your own beater. It won’t be mint, but it will still run and get you around.

4 Likes

That sucks! but a drink will only delay you dealing with the issue. Im dealing with some car issues myself. Its no fucking fun but its possible to get thru without drinking.

3 Likes

Do you feel better after you do? When is enough enough? It’s never enough for me. The doctor said he won’t bring me back next time. The paramedic and on lookers shocked I made the accident alive. Balance to the world the second prison sentence offered to me in August 2022. I didn’t fear death I feared nothing and no man. Today I’m happy that I lived. I’ll call it’s Anonymous was my savior and I can honestly say that I am truly recovered. If you see me then and you see me now you wouldn’t realize that’s the same person just different parts of her life. If you want freedom from the bondage of the alcohol you can have it but you have to make a choice to live.

6 Likes

Don’t drink! It will not make anything better. In fact, it will make everything worse. Get a good nights sleep and take a look at everything in the morning. Actually, you should pat yourself on the back for not drinking because if you were drinking that car could have been in worse shape and you could’ve been there when the police came. And people would have said that the parking brake wasn’t set because you were drunk. Now you can know it’s just an honest mistake that happens to anybody and nothing to be ashamed of.

3 Likes

This is awful. I can only imagine how you might be feeling right now. As bad as this is, it will all eventually pass, but the choices you make today will make a difference one way or another.

You can drink, but then what? All of this is still waiting for you after you sober up and it imprints this same pattern of response in your brain. Today you can make a different choice and it will matter because of the intensity of the situation.

This is most definitely awful and I’m really sad for you that this happened. I hope you are able to find some comfort outside of drinking while you deal with this.

2 Likes

Man, that really sucks. The way I see it, what is the worst that can happen if you don’t drink?

My daughter had a similar issue with her car a few days ago. I’ve been dealing with all that since. Not fun, but nothing to drink over. You got this.

9 Likes

Ive already contacted the insurance company. Ive sent them pictures. Im just waiting. I ended up just going to bed shortly after posting this. Decided if i want to be unconscious ill just go for sleeping instead.

11 Likes

That really sucks. I didnt drink anything. I ended up just going to sleep early. I had lots of nightmares and slept horribly. But, it is what it is.

3 Likes

I didnt drink anything. I just ended up going to bed really early.

3 Likes

This happened at home. I parked the car. Then bam in the woods. This all happened on private property. I live in the middle of no where. We own those woods it rolled into. I didnt drink anything though. I ended up just going to bed super early. We got one of our tractors and then pulled the car out. Ive already contacted the insurance company and sent pictures.

1 Like

I didnt drink anything. I just went to bed very very early.

I ended up going to bed early instead.

1 Like

I can’t even imagine how frustrating this must have been for you. I hope today after some sleep and time to breath you’re feeling a bit better. Ultimately, you are physically ok and your car is repairable. That’s all that matters. I hope today you hear back from the insurance company and get some good news. Wishing you the best. :hugs:

2 Likes

One “trick” I learned in early sobriety was to look for reasons to be grateful, to combat fear and craving.

You’re a sober, licensed driver with a registered and insured vehicle. For many years I was not, and body damage to my vehicles 1) happened with frightening regularity and 2) never got fixed.

Start there, and waking up in a safe warm bed etc, and I guarantee your mind will calm. Make a list, write it on paper, of 5 conditions or people you are grateful are in your life.

5 Likes

Thats a better option than drinking @Techpro92 good job on winning over that craving!! You got this.

3 Likes

Be proud man, that is a win!!

4 Likes