I want to be better

Hi everyone. I’m Tah and I want to be sober. I’m a huge loner (I like it lol) but I’m tired of smoking because at this point it’s a habit that no longer serves me. Maybe this community could help. I hope so.

6 Likes

Hi Tah, welcome! When you say smoking, do you mean weed or nicotine? Either way, if you use the search function you might find some helpful info that feels relevant to you!

There’s also some more about the forum and some pointers to get you started here >>

Weed; it’s just not a solid choice for me physically or financially.

2 Likes

I have added a ‘weed’ tag to your post, if you click on it you will find other posts and people who are dealing with weed addiction. Not all forum posts are tagged though so you may find using the search :mag: brings up more helpful results :slight_smile:

I am here because of alcohol, but I think this is a fairly transferrable principle… Really understanding why it was no good for me and working on building up the belief that alcohol = bad things has been really helpful. It takes time to recondition our brains but with perseverance it can be done!

1 Like

Welcome here TJ :raising_hand_woman:
There is loads of info to find here about your kind of addiction. Take your time to read and learn. My addiction is alcohol and I’ve read a lot here. The more I learned about my behavior (the why and how to cope with urges,etc) the easier it went to do something about it. It was falling and getting up again multiple times, but with the help from the peoe here and the work I put in it myself I am sober for a long time now.
I wish you the same for your weed addiction. A free life without things we “need” that badly :pensive:
See you around!! :facepunch:

1 Like