Im back ... i failed bad

I’m new here too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to our club, Natalie! Day 1 = very exciting! A grand adventure! Coming here was a big step. I remember what a relief it was to find this place. So many honest, non-judgmental people who knew exactly what I was going through. Keep the quit! : )

3 Likes

7 weeks is a really long time. What happened??
What usually happens to us is that we either think that after a specific amount of time dry we are “cured”. Like all the sudden we can moderate.

That or we convince ourselves that we were never really that bad in the first place.

Just wondering If these sound familiar??

Anyways, I’m glad you’re here.
Keep coming back!

1 Like

Thankyou so much for your welcome words :slight_smile: I really need to talk to people who understand what it’s like. Most of my friends are heavy drinkers and my family know I have a problem but it’s not talked about , I think they love me and don’t want to hurt my feelings . I love it when I go for 3-4 days without drinking , feel alive and happy . But then I usually feel so good I drink to celebrate ! What a cycle it is and for 30 years if I’m honest with myself . When your young you think it’s just what being young is about drinking with friends etc, but now in my 50’s I despise myself for wasting my precious life . Thanks for listening

4 Likes

You’ve come to the right place. Your words remind me of an AF saying: There’s nothing so good that a drink won’t ruin, and nothing so bad that a drink won’t make worse. Stay strong! You definitely can do this, Natalie! : )

2 Likes

Day 1 for me too! (again) we can share our dry birthday together!

4 Likes

Great idea let’s give it our best shot :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Kristel
Welcome back!!! If I remember correctly you were cutting hair in Ireland? Are you back open again?

1 Like

Love that … ill keep that in mind .

Yeap them words … ill just have a few and then im grand … or not eating wen i start …
Id get drunk and my boyfriend gets anxious cuz im drinking amd im like im grand just leave me alone but its like a nip pick and i get sick of it
He says its always just my fault because of the drink . So im just expecting now to be blamed .

1 Like

Welcome back!

My biggest problem with alcohol was i always thought i was Sober right up till i blacked out. Then the damage would happen.

You’ve taken the hard first step. Well done.
You can do this!

2 Likes

@Natalie22 welcome xx

1 Like

No im a makeupartist

Thanks so much :slight_smile: Looking forward to day 2 x

1 Like

I hear you. My ex was the same it was always cause I was drunk but then it’s always easy to pass the blame so I’d drink a bit more just to piss him off a bit more. You’ll do fine and you look lovely remember you have no Shame.

1 Like

That’s me right there. You find any reason to drink. I’m a social worker. Tough day at work? 2 bottles of wine. Relaxed day at work? 2 bottles of wine. Friday? 2 bottles of wine. Bbq? 3 bottles of wine. Meal out? 2 bottles of wine.

My life was a roundabout of drink-feel shit-recover-drink-feel shit. Ad infinitum. Barely remembered anything I did or said. Couldn’t even tell you what I watched on TV the night before.

I’m not an AA advocate or a fan of the term alcoholic (if I was addicted to cigarettes I wouldn’t be a smokoholic) but I know that many here get so much support from that organisation.

Basically we all do what we feel helps to avoid that first drink. Because if you don’t have the first then you don’t have to worry about the others!

I really, really recommend ‘The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober’ by Catherine Gray. Especially the Audible version. She reads herself. It gets me through some very tricky times in early sobriety.

And welcome! X

5 Likes

Hey I’m a social worker but I work with adults with learning disabilities mainly autism. Have you ever read girl on a train? Or watched the film? My ex was like him. I would talk to people and they’d be like I wasn’t so bad but he’d make me feel I did everything wrong

3 Likes

Thank u so much

2 Likes

Girl your doing great remember fabulous be strong your a make up artist. But don’t wear a mask. My friends are drags and they fake and bake all the time lol be the strong girl

1 Like

Thanks hun … i wear it everyday cuz i have anxiety as well and now finding im wearing my sunglasses all the time

1 Like