Im done, after 10 years coke and alcohol use

Could use some suport with my coke and drinking habit.
Been 10 years of daily or weekend abuse.
After this weekend i quit
Last try to do this on my own.

10 Likes

So, you’re not quitting today? But tomorrow? Man, I could never have quit tomorrow. Had to be today.

Hit up meetings. Pick a few resources and surround yourself w recovery morning noon and night. No need to do it “on your own” but ain’t no one going to do it for you, either.

Resources for our recovery

Checking in daily to maintain focus #57

Welcome here. Be active. Read read read. Listen and share.

8 Likes

You from the U.K mate?

I can get you added to a Came to Believe (Cocaine anonymous) WhatsApp group and there are daily virtual meetings

2 Likes

I support your cause! I’m actually in the same exact boat. For the past 10 years, it’s been daily/weekly. I’ve tried stopping numerous times in the past and I always end up going back.

I’ll relay what others have told me - change your surroundings (people, places, things). And don’t try to do it alone. Maybe confide in a close friend or family member, and try going to NA/CA meetings.

I actually relapsed yesterday after 14 days, so we’re in the same boat brotha. We got this!!

2 Likes

How is Day 1 going for you?

2 Likes

There’s a reason people do drugs. It’s not just about stopping. There’s a reason AA has 12 steps and none of them really surrounded alcohol that strongly, it’s about getting to a better place in your life. More comfortable in your skin. Happy being sociable without being altered.

1 Like

One day at a time. :confused: Cliche but all we got. I feel you on this and currently am 6 days in. Sometimes it’s even just focusing on the hour at hand but it is do able :heart:

3 Likes

Your struggle is my struggle. I’ve been on and off sobriety for 4 years and still going. Count the minutes they’ll add up :people_hugging:

2 Likes

There is lots of support here at this site and suggestions for help elsewhere too. You are not alone. There is help here.
How are you?

2 Likes

Day one in the bag? What’s the plan? @Rozdz

1 Like

Well tbh, I relapsed not to long after this post. Made it 23 days. I am currently back on day 11. And have finally brought myself to get back on the app felt guilty but now I’m feeling like I’m getting back on track. And I am feeling a lot better about everything this go around so keeping my head high despite having to pick up all the peices again

4 Likes

Glad you’re back. I’m sure it feels great to know that even after a slip, you’re back to choosing you again and making you a priority!

2 Likes