I'm gonna be Sober this Christmas without Booze to hold

It’s my first Christmas sober!! :santa::christmas_tree::tada:
Usually I’d celebrate primarily with day drinking, but this year I want to get in the spirit without getting in to the spirits!!
What’s your favourite non-alcoholic festive beverage??

20 Likes

Hi @Bekah212. I’m also going to be sober for Christmas. My fav drink is coffee. Festive coffee during the holidays.

What is your plan to stay sober up to and during the festivities?

Best wishes. :christmas_tree:

4 Likes

Hot chocolate with a candy cane!

6 Likes

You mean like, from Starbucks??

I don’t anticipate a big struggle with it tbh, been on my journey for about 2 years and haven’t had a drink on over 6 months - I dont really want to drink anymore - so my plan is to find some tasty alcohol free treats and just enjoy myself :blush:

2 Likes

Haha, really not. Starbucks can FRO. :joy:

Good on you. Have a nice time then. Ho ho ho.

2 Likes

What do you mean then? Cos festive coffee to my mind has Baileys in it :joy:

1 Like

Baileys can likewise FRO.
More inspiration here Conglomerated List of “Things that can Fck right off

Festive coffee goes like this: wake up sober. Make coffee in the same old handed down espresso stove top cooker that’s been repaired many times. With that old coffee bean grinder I got years ago off ebay. Fucking A. Drink from my cup of choice of the day, I got differently coloured cups. Sit down at the desk. Bunch of Christmas lights on. Do work, drink coffee. Sober. Dogs look fucking cute in the Christmas lights shine. Festive af. :christmas_tree::+1: Enjoy.

11 Likes

Hot ginger beer my 36 sober Christmas, and theres a AA dance on excuse to put on my kilt and let the boys sway lol

17 Likes

Youd make a fabulous santa Ray :santa:

6 Likes

I might do a homemade single serving eggnog. When I was young at Grandma and Grandpa’s, all the adults at Christmas were drinking their delicious eggnog with alcohol but there wasn’t any n/a nog. I mentioned to Grandma that I wished there was some I could have and she took me to the kitchen and just made a single cup of it from scratch, just for me, without measuring and even letting me help and it was so cool to me. It made me feel loved and special to deserve the attention and effort.

11 Likes

Some ideas of mine im excited for:

stovetop hot chocolate or follow a recipe for mexican hot chocolate

Homemade chai

Mulled apple cider - put in a crockpot with cinnamon cloves and orange peels

Coffee with vanilla almond creamer - whisk half and half, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla+almond extract to taste

Bold ginger ale/ginger beer with fruit juice mixer for fruit punch

:coffee::tea::cup_with_straw::heart:

4 Likes

Got to love eggnog or Martinellis. Those are holiday staples at my place.

1 Like

Remember that if someone questions why you do not want a drink looking them straight in the eye with confidence and saying ‘I do not drink.’ should make them back down.

4 Likes

Weirdly hard to get ginger beer atm, I might have to make some!

1 Like

Same here. My first sober Christmas :christmas_tree: I’m debating a zero alcohol free wine or might just have seasonal coffee either as I’m unsure if the zero will trigger me or not so if in doubt I guess coffee :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey be careful with that AF wine Dan. If wine was your go-to before, frankly I’ve give it a wide berth. Holidays can be triggering enough… I stay away from AF liquor but will have the occasional AF beer. I was never much of a beer drinker, so it just tastes refreshing for me, w/o making me want a real one.

For more on this popular topic you can :mag: AF drinks / drink alternatives etc up top.

:christmas_tree::sparkles:

4 Likes

The seasonal cranberry sprite is always a fave in my house!

5 Likes

I like pretty mocktails. I just made a ginger simple syrup, added some pear juice and bubbly water of choice. You can garnish with a rosemary sprig and serve in a fancy glass for something special.

5 Likes

Made this the other night, definitely a go to mocktail for the season! Strawberry and mint ‘mojito”

9 Likes

I prefer the true nectar of the pasture gods…milk! But that mojito thing looks really yummy too. A happy & healthy sober holiday season to us all!

3 Likes