I'm in hell

I live in California. It is hot. My A/C is out in the huge expensive ass house I just purchased in January. The only cold beverage in our 3 fucking refrigerators is beer. Lord help me… I’m about to crack a cold egg and drink that.

Please let the home warranty cover this shit and please let my bubbly water get cold before I cave in to the refreshment of an ice cold beer.

1 Like

Does the store carry a selection of other cold beverages?
Do you have ice to put in your bubbly water?

I’m literally sucking on an ice cube. I’m so frustrated with this house!

The beer will not fix the house…

5 Likes

That stinks! Hope it gets fixed soon for you

If you can feel a trickle of cool air coming out of your vents, Check & change your furnace filter. Check your condenser outside to see if the copper tubing leading into the house is frozen. If so turn unit off (should take a couple hours to thaw) may work again but only for a bit until Service Call guy gets there. Note: tech can’t work on unit if line is frozen, so turn a/c off hours before tech arrives (to save you 2nd Service Call fee).

If your unit needs a charge (which they never should need) then you’ve got a leak somewhere in the line. Some can be seen & fixed, some can be hidden way up inside & not fixable. There is a product called Leak stop they may plug about 70-85% of leaks, but it’s not a guarantee :joy::joy: sharing some HVAC love :hugs:

4 Likes

Condenser is dead. The unit was new in 2014… no idea why we are having this problem. Home warranty has been called. Someone will be out tomorrow. I’m gonna sleep in a floaty in the pool lol.

5 Likes

Wet a sheet and wring it out and wrap it around you!

2 Likes

You have a home and family. And a damn pool!? Make a gratitude list and include why you are grateful the AC is out. Maybe it required you to stand up for yourself and claim your warranty rights, would you have done that drunk? I know I wouldn’t have. I’d prolly have unit half apart and be unable to reassemble it.

Gratitude is required for humility. Humility is required for sobriety. Simple math…
So ends my rant, thanks for listening.

17 Likes

Do you work in the hvac business? That was quite detailed!

1 Like

:joy::joy: my husband owns a heating & cooling co. Sometimes I wish we sold shoes/purses so I could get into a little more :rofl: but some has rubbed off over the years :smile:

4 Likes

Ok, sounds like quite a bit has rubbed off :wink:

2 Likes

Heard a great trick for keeping cool in bed (not usually that hot in the UK so air conditioners are pretty rare here) - half full a few hot water bottles and then freeze them and stick them under your pillow. Although if it’s really hot where you are, maybe you won’t have a hot water bottle! If not a few ice packs wrapped in a towel would probably do the job just as well.

1 Like

I live in california and own my home as well, Thank God for AC!!!

This situation really sucks. Sorry, @Insperation! But major +1 :+1: for this line right here:

2 Likes

What’s a hot water bottle? Lol

4 Likes

Haha I realised when I was writing that it might not translate :joy:

It’s like a rubber flat-ish pouch with a screw top seal that you fill with hot water to keep you warm in winter. They sometimes have fluffy covers.

2 Likes

Lol yeah… I’ve only seen these in movies haha

Go to the library or movies. In in CA as well, though I have a/c. Call someone on your lists if you are doing 12 step. Never crave alone

1 Like

Feel your pain. Had to replace my AC in June.

You can handle this. Part of being sober is becoming comfortable, with being uncomfortable.

Lol. What’s a hot water bottle??? :joy:

1 Like