I'm not drinking today!

I’m not drinking tdy eirther. But when for 13kms walking .love to get peaceful to myself.

7 Likes

I’m having a nice night watching TV with my mother. I smoked a cigarette today, which I’m fine with I needed to cut my anxiety. Never been a big smoker. I can take or leave them.

Its nice being able to communicate and think at 9pm. I’m enjoying the fact that the past three days have gone slowly. Sure beats forgetting entire days/weeks/months/years. Its almost like I’m gaining time on to my life, and I probably am!

I think I’ll try this out again tomorrow, but all I can control is my next 3 hours. I’ve decided against having a sip of booze during them. I’ll post again tomorrow.

Have a good night!

3 Likes

Well, good morning from the UK.
I’m not drinking today!:grinning:

4 Likes

I’m also not drinking today :+1:

3 Likes

Good morning here’s to another drink free day :blush::+1:

3 Likes

Now that you are getting your feet under you, is it time to consider some face to face help? I’ve gone to AA, other folks have done Smart Recovery. Both are also available online. I used counseling, both individual and group modes, to help me out.

Youve got done days behind you now, keep on trudging forward!

1 Like

Yeah I think so. I’ve gone to AA before…wasn’t for me up to this point but I keep an open mind. Certainly something is necessary and I appreciate your thoughts.

Off to physical therapy. Not drinking today. Its 830 am in the past usually well, you know. Not today.

No drinky the poison today😇

3 Likes

Yaaay I’m not drinking today either. Instead I’m going for my 7,5 km run now. Will sweat my ass off it’s sunny and 26 degrees outside :running_woman::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Drove home and passed a few cops with no anxiety.

I think I’ll make the same decision i did today regarding alcohol. Dont need it.

1 Like

Not gonna drink today.

Played basketball for the first time since my injury. I didn’t play well and that upset me. Now I’m going to surf. I think I’ll get a nice fish sandwich and have a nap.

Not today.

3 Likes

No way no how no worries :ok_woman:

Nope, not drinking yet!
Not today.

2 Likes

I am not drinking today because drinking is rubbish!!!

2 Likes

Sup y’all. Day 7. One week! I’m a morning to night drinker when I do and I’ve gone years at a time and months at a time. Highly functioning athlete, worker, and recent graduate from grad school. I’m 29.

I’ve tried to stop many times before. This ain’t my first rodeo so, you all know the drill. Been to meetings. Bailed. All the withdrawls, shakes, sweats, anxiety, diharrea, and agony in between the promises made to myself I couldn’t keep.

One minute it was easy, one minute it was hard, one minute I forgot. Repeat.

I’m not going to drink today. I can’t promise tomorrow, but for today I’m going to abstain. I’m at work on my tugboat, day one of 14. This is the first time I can remember not showing up hungover. The absolute worst. We live on it for two weeks so I dont even have access, except today. Groceries shopping.

Usually I shake off the guy I’m with “going to the bathroom man” then I would grab a few big old beers and nervously like a full blown addict watch like crazy that I didn’t get caught while I bought them at the same supermarket! Then go outside and chug them. Sometimes halfway through groceries shopping my buzz not satisfactory, go buy more! I must look insane chugging beer in broad daylight outside a supermarket. I can safely say that’s the behavior of a full blown alcoholic.

I’m not going to do that today. I want to have a clear conscience and if I get through i get the gift of two sober weeks free from even the temptation.

I’m not going to drink today. Plenty of water down the fillet before hand.

Going to hit the bed sober later today. It’s nice to know I get to make this decision every day and so do you! Who else is going to skip booze today?

1 Like

Nice feeling a week isn’t it. Keep that feeling going!
I’ll join you in not drinking today!:grinning:

2 Likes

Nope, not gonna do, no way no how

1 Like

Good for you. Break the day in small interval and not drink for those times is whatvhelped me in the beginning. Posting in here is a great way to remind your self. Keep it up. You got this.

I’m not drinking today…

1 Like

Also not drinking today 12 days sober

2 Likes