Inspirational quote of the day

I was comforted by this share and hope you may also find some comfort in it…

1 Like

We are carried by great winds across the sky. Beautiful.

2 Likes

I know, I just loved that.

I love this saying

DONT SWEAT THE BIG THINGS, THE LITTLE THINGS MAKE THE BIG THINGS HAPPEN.:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

Happiness is a way of travel; not a destination.

3 Likes

This one seems like a really good idea.

5 Likes

24 hours a day, entry for September 16 (revised).

Meditation for the Day
We seem to live not only in time but also in eternity. If we abide with…the Divine…we may bring forth spiritual fruit, which will last for eternity. If we live with…the Divine…our lives can flow as some calm river through the dry land of earth. It can cause the trees and flowers of the spiritual life - love and service - to spring forth and yield abundantly. Spiritual work may be done for eternity, not just for now. Even here on earth we can live as though our real lives were eternal.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may try to make my life like a cool river in a thirsty land. I pray that I may give freely to all who ask my help.

4 Likes

Catching up on King Lear, my favorite madman. The speaker here is the plotting villain, Edmund.

“This is the excellent foppery of the world, that,
when we are sick in fortune,–often the surfeit
of our own behavior,–we make guilty of our
disasters the sun, the moon, and the stars: as
if we were villains by necessity; fools by
heavenly compulsion; knaves, thieves, and
treachers, by spherical predominance; drunkards,
liars, and adulterers, by an enforced obedience of
planetary influence; and all that we are evil in,
by a divine thrusting on: an admirable evasion
of whoremaster man, to lay his goatish
disposition to the charge of a star.”

I can fully identify with this kind of externalizing, denial of responsibility, and pleading a lack of power as the reason for lack of control. Even when objectively it is our own choices (“the surfeit of our own behavior”) that present us with these consequences! “(we are)…drunkards, liars, and adulterers, by an enforced obedience of planetary influence”. Wow!

3 Likes

Meditation for the Day, 21 November from 24 hours a day

You were meant to be at home and comfortable in the world. Yet some people live a life of quiet desperation. This is the opposite of being at home and at peace in the world. Let your peace of mind be evident to those around you. Let others see that you are comfortable, and seeing it, know that it springs from your trust in a Higher Power. The dull, hard way of resignation is not God’s way. Faith takes the sting out of the winds of adversity and brings peace even in the midst of struggle.

2 Likes

Meditation and prayer for the day, 12 March, from 24 hours a day

Meditation for the Day
Simplicity is the keynote of a good life. Choose the simple things always. Life can become complicated if you let it be so. You can be swamped by difficulties if you let them take up too much of your time. Every difficulty can be either solved or ignored and something better substituted for it. Love the humble things of life. Reverence the simple things. Your standard must never be the world’s standard of wealth and power.
Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may love the simple things of life. I pray that I may keep my life uncomplicated and free.

In particular, “Every difficulty can be either solved or ignored and something better substituted for it”. This tells me that my drama is optional.

2 Likes

This is a powerful image. Something I absolutely struggle with but am trying to improve on

1 Like

Same here. Body and self love are definitely a journey / process. At 61 I am finally feeling better about both…and being wistful for the strong(er), younger body I possessed in the past. Perspective for sure. :heart::butterfly::heart:

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

This is beautiful, thank you @AyBee :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

This is pretty much what I want to do with my life instead of drink. So I’m working towards that. Just want a good life

3 Likes

24 hours a day, March 24

Meditation for the Day

We cannot fully understand the universe. The simple fact is that we cannot even define space or time. They are both boundless, in spite of all we can do to limit them. We live in a box of space and time, which we have manufactured by our own minds and on that depends all our so-called knowledge of the universe. The simple fact is that we can never know all things, nor are we made to know them. Much of our lives must be taken on faith.

2 Likes