Instead of triggers, tell me your glimmers

Glimmers are small moments that spark joy or peace, which can help cue our nervous system to feel safe or calm.

I’ll start: my daughter sneaking into bed with me early this morning, brushing my teeth alone, the tiny bird who visits my kitchen window, hearing my kids play together, coffee percolating right now.

What are your glimmers today?

30 Likes

Oh what a lovely idea for a thread :heart:
Kids playing outside in front of our office, chirping birds, the smell of coffee after you opened the bag, smiling people in the train, a woman who just calmed her dog…there will be more on my way home :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

Hearing birds in the morning, watching a sunrise, laughing w friends, small things to look forward to on my calendar, a nice breeze, smoothies🤠

14 Likes

Time in my mornings to do things because I’m not hurrying to get ready for work with a hangover. Good coffee, books to read, goals to set and peaceful starts to my day all glimmer for me. :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Having a snooze in the garden with my little boy. Drifting off to bird song with him on my chest :heart:

14 Likes

I love this!!! TY @Ladybuggy ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: So far today… Breakfast time chat with my honey, hugs n kisses, bird songs- the woodpeckers, new kittens next door, getting errands run Before work! Hot Apple Spice tea, song that caused a tear explosion, pics & messages with friends on TS. :people_hugging:

11 Likes

Love this thread so far!! Great idea

My glimmers aren’t limited to but heavily include:
-watching pollinators at our nursery :butterfly:
-the silent hour of sunrise
-watching my son learn something new
-water moving - rivers, lapping lakes, ocean waves
-a song that reaches the depths of your soul

13 Likes

A quiet moment in the morning
Thunder storms
My sons smile
Movie theater popcorn :smiley:

11 Likes

The literal glimmers on lakes where the sun reflects on the ripples, I love that and it makes me smile without fail.

Pretty sunsets, and sunrises.

Clear blue skies and bright sunshine.

The smell of clean washing (laundry).

My cats purring, or when they lay on their backs with their little paws all in the air.

I could go on and on, I never noticed any of this whilst under the influence of substances.

Thank you for this thread, which is a glimmer in itself! :blush:

🩵

13 Likes

Cutting the first peony flowers of the season today, seeing a bunny in the bushes by my porch, watching the birds take a bath in the fountain (they get really into it!) and watering all the plants outside and in.

13 Likes

Awesome glimmers! Thanks for all these reminders :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

The mental image of my cat rolling on his back, yawning, lazing in a patch of sun. This image helps to make me calm.

Looking into the eyes of a friend that I am having a fun social dance with and us both chuckling together about how fun it is.

Seeing what I call “Water Daisies” in full bloom in the river. They always act as a reminder that life is worth living.

13 Likes

My kitty does it all the time!

10 Likes

My twins… they’re almost 22 months… The random hugs and kisses they give me throughout the day.

8 Likes

I have twins as well! Glimmers all day! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

My glimmer today was visiting Tractor Supply for a rain gauge and finding the LAST pair of rain/garden boots in my size and the pattern I wanted.

9 Likes

When i can sit outside and birds have no problem with me sitting there WHILE they come to eat

5 Likes

Knowing in 10 days time I’ll be taking my partner to Hyde Park to see Pink. Ticking her bucket list instead of wasting all the money on me.
Actually being in a position to give is a daily glimmer.
Lovely thread BTW.

10 Likes

What a cute word: glimmer! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
In Dutch the translation is: glinsteren

My glimmers?

• walking in nature
  • my morning coffee with TS
  • being with my kids
  • watching a seedling sprout
  • being creative and make something
  • going to a triftshop
  • buying new sneakers
  • wandering at the beach looking for shells ore sharktooth.
  • getting a new tattoo
  • etc :sunglasses:
10 Likes

Today’s glimmers: hanging out with a friend all day who I’m comfortable with, lots of coffee, donuts, the way the sun is coming through the window

4 Likes