Instrumentals and Beats

New book came out on JD.
If you’re into it, here’s link to interview with author.

4 Likes

Last one you created something dope here man!

5 Likes

Dude hell yeah. Thank you for showing me this. I just recently started listening to instrumentals in the last couple weeks, and his name kept showing up everywhere and everything was good, everything I listened to so far is awesome, I don’t know much from what it appears he’s been in the game for a long time

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion I will check that out… I just discovered alchemist today :grinning:

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

I can listen to this one on repeat.

3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

@Bluekoolaid if you want a good workout this song is it, I remember when I got the DVD I was like must learn

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion I will definitely check that out. Pretty much pulling motivation from everything right now. Have a good day man

1 Like
4 Likes

You too man,

Pulling inspiration,

Steve Vai once said first thing you have to figure out is what kind of guitar player you want to be.

How far do you want to go?
What kinda music do you want to play?

And it’s so true, if your happy with doing busking maybe playing in rock cover bands, why learn metal or jazz?

If you want to do instrumentals, learn song structure from instrumentals, if you want to do rap rock, learn from the genre you plan.

Almost all my original stuff either sounds super Hendrix or metal/punk I never liked it, but I learned it’s who I am I can change it all I want I’m a metal guitar player but I can other stuff.

3 Likes

Definitely going to keep Street performing, currently in my fourth state doing that. I think somethings going to happen from doing that so much. Just gonna keep playing guitar four hours a day… The main thing honestly is just staying sober and getting a handle on this anxiety. I think I’ve been listening to instrumental so much recently because I’m just going to upgrade my set up start making my own beats for background drums to my guitar, and then maybe just get some other things going on all at once. Something about doing everything yourself sometimes works out better if you see the vision in your head. Thanks for reaching out with the suggestions and new music … But I also like a lot of those other ways of playing music or other things will just come with time and Progression

You should look up Tash sultana, I was really inspired by her music … She started with busking but now performs all over the world, but she will still be on tour and like get out of the bus and walk downtown and go Busk… Also a long time ago seeing street musicians in London

1 Like

Something to look at I use a site called Band MX. it’s almost like a musicians wanted or looking board

I call it match dot com for musicians, you create a profile show off your skills, gear a few photos and bio, it’s free to join and you can get a subscription for reaching out to others. I got alot of hits off there in fact mh last few auditions and gigs came from there.

As far as gear if your gonna play live shows, the boss katana is my best budget go to for medium sized venues. I use mine all time time. And of course I’m sure you got other stuff such as mics and pedals and such.

Not all auditions will be a fit it’s fine but it’s a stepping stone more stones you over turn the more likely you are to find a fit

1 Like

I’m slightly disappointed no one posted this yet

2 Likes

I will definitely check out that website. I only brought what I could bring her on a plane, and I mailed my telecaster. I’ve been getting everything piece by piece. I have my guitar, loop , And two portable amps, Electric drum set, keyboard, vocal and instrument mics, condenser Mic, interface, I literally just need to get a laptop and then I have everything. I’ve been getting like one thing a week. It’s pretty exciting. And I think I’m gonna take a step back from playing out the next couple weeks And focus on writing and recording. I currently am avoiding all social media platforms because of my sobriety. But eventually I would like to utilize Instagram probably more than anything. I also need a PA system, and a few other various small things but it’s all coming together

And also the program that came with the interface I don’t really like so I gotta figure out that and probably spend like two weeks learning whatever program I get

1 Like

Dave Brubeck! Yes! :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Awesome! This song is on the Matrix soundtrack (it plays during the “woman in the red dress” scene. I didn’t realize it was a remake.

2 Likes