Introduce Yourself

Everyone has advice to offer based on their unique experiences, and I know I certainly value yours. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi guys!

My name is Adrian and I live in Ecuador. I really enjoy to have this opportunity to share with you. I have been sober now for 51 days and it feels awesome. I really quitted drinking because it had been causing me too many problems with my family and friends. I really hit rock bottom. I used to drink until I fell asleep or threw up. I started going to the gym in order to look and feel better. I have lost weight and I am looking forward to getting buff lol. It hasnā€™t been easy to stay sober, though. I have lost some friends because they donā€™t like the idea that I donā€™t drink anymore. I used to be the first who was at the disco drinking and dancing. But now, thatā€™s history !!

9 Likes

@Stalin Nice to meet you! Thanks for sharing your story. I can relate to you too. Your making the right decision. Itā€™s hard at times but worth it! Youā€™ll make new friends with the same goals as you! Keep up the hard work. Blessings to you! :smile::smile::smile::muscle::muscle::muscle::point_up::point_up::point_up::clap::clap::clap::open_hands::open_hands::open_hands::smiley::smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

51 days! Wow thatā€™s impressive! Youā€™re an inspiration :smirk:

2 Likes

Thank u :slight_smile: you will be there, too hehe :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Comrade :grin: heh

Thank you :blush: @Rikk feeling stronger each day

Iā€™m an opiate addict and heroin is currently taking over the state of Vermont. Iā€™ve tried it before just didnā€™t get into it enough before I got out of the game. But Iā€™ve met very many heroin addicts throughout my journey, almost everyone in rehab I met both times was a heroin addict.

Itā€™s really an evil substanceā€¦ It takes away everything you love and anything of any value in your life, and you donā€™t even care until itā€™s too late. Thatā€™s what hurts me the most when I really think on itā€¦ All the friends Iā€™ve lost, the trust of my family that I destroyed, all the things I loved that I pawned away so I could get highā€¦ I even pawned my wedding ring. I was divorced at the time, but stillā€¦ Itā€™s depressing. :disappointed_relieved:

Hi there

Iā€™m Ash. This is my first time a part of any forum let alone a sobriety forum.
Iā€™ve had a really hard time admitting that I have an addiction. I donā€™t drink everyday, nor want to. But when I do it can easily turn into a binge and itā€™s usually unexpected and at inappropriate times. I donā€™t believe that alcoholics can control alcohol; Iā€™ve watched my dad battle alcoholism for most of my life. Yet, for some reason I still choose to drink. Itā€™s usually the social pressures that get to me. Like Iā€™ll be letting someone down if I say no to a drink or to getting drunk because they are. Most of the time its just fun but there is times that alcohol completely can take over and Iā€™m left with a hangover and whatever embarrassment I need to deal with. Iā€™m recently married and she is the most important thing in my life. Thereā€™s been several occasions Iā€™ve had to come home with my tail between my legs and explain the night before. Alcohol has pretty much destroyed my parents marriage. AA and al-anon have been keeping them moving forward together. I just donā€™t want the same for my life. Iā€™m committed to making a change and not following my dadā€™s path.

8 Likes

@Exxcel

Hi and welcome!
Seems like your making a step in the right direction!
If you feel like itā€™s becoming a problem then it probably is and if you say youā€™ve witnessed it before with your dad then you know the warning signs.
Iā€™ve been an alcoholic for most of my life and i can tell you first hand that admitting it was one of the hardest things in my life to do but by far one of the best.
Focus on the direction you need to go and youā€™ll get there in time.
Stay strongā€¦stay sober!

Hi,
Iā€™m new I have never been apart of a forum so new to this as well. This week I had an incident that happened which finally made me realize and admitted that Iā€™m an alcoholic. Wow even that is really hard to write. I had a long think and I estimate itā€™s been about 12 years. So this is huge for me.
Iā€™ve gone 4 days cold turkey and the withdrawal are getting a worse but I just know even if I have a drink to help it , it wonā€™t and I just have to keep going. Iā€™m 32 year old female .

3 Likes

Sorry to hear itā€™s going rough. Hang in there.

1 Like

Itā€™s a very life-altering epiphany when you realize that youā€™re an addict, but now that youā€™re able to admit it you can take steps to be sober and healthy. Not gonna lie, itā€™s a long, hard roadā€¦ But with the right tools, assets, and support I know you can do it, if thatā€™s what you want. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is an executive summary. 40 years old. 5 kids. Wife. Dog. Drinking is my issue. Going on 4 days sober. Started drinking more after a 20 year career came to an end. Was unemployed for like 3 months and drank to passout at night. Woke up one night in my own shit and took it as a sign to wake the fuck up and turn myself around for my family before itā€™s too late.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a hell of a wake-up call.

1 Like

Hello! I am a 27 year old single mother. I am addicted to alcohol, coke and downers. Started young at the age of 12 with drinking. As I got older I got in to coke with an ex at the age of 18. When I was 19 turning 20 I had my child. I still drank a lot, but had family to help with my child. After my best friend committed suicide, my whole world was upside down. At the age of 22 I got into downers, Xanax, restrols and pams. At one point I woke in the hospital with my stomach pumped and stitches in my arm. Yes I tried to has to die.
I was at a point where I was using all three at the same time.
But this past week I tried meth for the first time and stayed high for 3 days straight. I need to stay sober for my child and family and I want to live. To young to be this messed up,but to old to be wasting time on this lifestyle.

5 Likes

Hi Iā€™m sue I live in England, today I am 21 days sober, it has been a rough journey to stay sober in the past, I attend regular AA meetings twice a day at the moment, my drinking is what I would call binges,but it is the damage to myself and family that I do when I drink, the f**k it button gets pressed well and truly, I blackout, I have drunk drove, I have ended up in hospital A@E,with no memory of how I got there, I love this app, I donā€™t have problem stopping drinking but I do staying stopped so I feel encouraged when I read stories to keep at it , well done to you all, my motto is keep it simple and keep it in the day /hr whatever you need to at the time, stay strong :muscle: all of you x

10 Likes

hi my name is Crystalā€¦ I have been sober for 7 seven days and I feel ok. my husband is in rehab but I had to stay with my daughter and try it on my own. my family doesnā€™t know. Iā€™m sure they have an idea. my doc is pills. used to be lortab but now mostly oxyā€¦ my tolerance isnā€™t that high I can take two Percocet and still get high. but I couldnā€™t remember the last day I didnā€™t get high. and I would also get sick a few days after I hadnt had anything so I know Iā€™m an addict. it started a few years back. I even his it from my husband for almost a year. I worked had a medical ast for 8 yrs. and the last year informed was in it all started.stealing pills from patients during a pill count patients giving me pills heā€™ll I even called in scripts through all my familyā€™s name. even my husbabds sister and best friends name. guess what they all new about it. never oneā€™s did anyone approach me and ask did I have a problem ā€¦ when my husband found out he was devastated ā€¦ although he was using I knew about it. he didnā€™t hide it. I wonder if he was so upset because he wasnā€™t in on it or if he really cared. we tried to get sober together but it didnā€™t work out. but hopefully this time we can both do it. he 29 and Iā€™m 28. itā€™s time.

4 Likes