Introduce Yourself

Nine years, thats inspiring :sunflower:

1 Like

@Antol Welcome Tony!! Donā€™t worry, I think a lot of us have had to reset our timers. I have twice. Iā€™m almost 9 days in without drinking. Itā€™s not easy and this site has helped a lot. My husband and I enable each other but thankfully he is also almost 9 days sober. Itā€™s been great. We fight a lot when we drink so itā€™s just not a good situation for either of us. If you need someone to talk to this site has sooooo many people who will support you, myself included. Good luck on your journey!!

2 Likes

This is my first time here. I have been a disaster for years. My youngest child died at age 30 and that threw me into alcoholism. When I was drunk, I could forget about the pain. 3 days sober and feeling hopeful.

3 Likes

@diane61657 Welcome! Thereā€™s a fantastic group of people here for support.

1 Like

Iā€™m Luke. I was first introduced to AA by my first girlfriend. I was 20 years old. I didnā€™t take it seriously. Both my parents are alcoholics and it seemed normal to me. I put 3 years together twice but have struggled to put together over 30 days in the last 2 years. But I hit a new bottom lately; I was waking up suicidal in the morning. Enough. I donā€™t want to live like that anymore. I got a new sponsor who is saving me through consistency and genuine caring. I have 27 days today and am starting to feel so much better. I donā€™t feel alone anymore.

6 Likes

@Luke_Knight_Mulock Congratulations on your 27 days! Iā€™m at 9 myself. It is crazy how much better you feel without dumping gallons of booze down our throats. Good luck on your journey!

Hi @Luke_Knight_Mulock, @diane61657 welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Thanks, you too!

1 Like

Thank you for your kindness.

1 Like

Thank you, it hasnā€™t been easy. In fact Iā€™ve had more bad stuff happen in Sobriety than when I was sober! 5 surgeries, a loss in my family, and Iā€™ve moved about 6 times. But I did it all sober! But I also got married! And I have 3 kids, and two beautiful grandbabies that I get to see all the time! All this, because I choose not to drink one day at a time.

2 Likes

It feels really good to be here!

5 Likes

Welcome @diane61657 and @Luke_Knight_Mulock

Hi , I am sorry for ur problem , I think u should stop drinking immediately , its harmful for everybody and it start point of other problems ans diseases
Care urself ur nice human. :blush:

2 Likes

@Reese Coming from experience that amount of drinking isnā€™t healthy. Iā€™m glad you are here and looking for help. Weā€™ve all been there to one extent or another no matter what the drug of choice is. It sounds like you are venturing down a very dangerous path right now. There is no judgement here because like I said, a lot of us have been there. I know I have. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. I truly hope you can get this under control so you donā€™t have to struggle with it for years. Iā€™m 36 and looking back at the time wasted being passed out or hungover is gut wrenching. If you need someone to talk to there are tons of us here you can reach out to, myself included.

1 Like

Hi, im Joni 26years old and addiction pretty much runs in our familyā€¦ after being sober & clean for 2years I relapsed last year after my bff commited suĆÆcide. Trying to pull myself together this year and! I havenā€™t had a drink for 15 days today. Also didnā€™t got high for 2 months. Im feeling extremely vulnerable and scared but also verry strong and determined. Im rooting for all :v:

4 Likes

Two years is awesome Joni :slight_smile: Iā€™m sure you can do it again and more.

2 Likes

Hi @Bee and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of your tragedy. You had 2 years, and that is amazing. So you already know you can do this. Some helpful resources are found here:

2 Likes

Welcome @Bee youā€™ve come to the right place :slight_smile: Congrats on 15 days and 2 months.

1 Like

Hey, Iā€™m Jonathan, Iā€™ve been drinking everyday for years. I had big problems with opiates and cocaine but managed to stop using 6 years ago. Lately my drinking has been become more serious. I think Iā€™ve reached a point where I need to stop. Never in my adult life have I not had alcohol to lean on and Iā€™m scared of getting past the first week let alone any long term sobriety. I really need to do this though. I need to get my life together, itā€™s amazing the hole you can dig yourself into when your constantly avoiding everything in life with your head in a bottle. Anyway idk where Iā€™m going with this. Just saying hi

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community! You have lots of support here.

Just use us for any support you need! 1,000s of years of life lessons! Just tell us what you need. Read all the forums you can. Educate, awareness and learning discipline. Thatā€™s a good start. 1st 5-12 days are the hardest depending on how often and amount you drink.

2 Likes