Introduce Yourself

Well hello there @Skeptic welcome

Welcome @Skeptic!

Hello, this is my 1st day on this site and I have to say it is pretty neat. To be social with people who are working on bettering their lives. Just what I need.

Growing up my mother was always a alcoholic and I said I would never be like her but here I am battling the same addiction. I just want to be better. Last night was not nearly one of my worse nights but I donā€™t want to see a worse or anymore drunk nights.

4 Likes

Here ya go @Godwilling18

Different Aspects of Recovery

Hi, new to everything here! Iā€™m in my upper 30s with a young family and busy career. Need to step away from the vino to be more present, be a better person, do hobbies I enjoy again and take care of my health. Iā€™m a bit reserved so may not share all that much but know that Iā€™m wishing all the best and encouraged to be a part of this community! Iā€™ve been hesitant to reach out for help in a more public setting so this is a good place to start for me! -Samantha

8 Likes

Thank you @Melrm :slight_smile:

Welcome! Share as much or as little as you want. This place is great for support and every one has been super fantastic. Good luck on your journey!

2 Likes

Wow, so many new people have arrived here since I joined, I couldnā€™t even name you all!

I just wanted to say a big WELCOME to every one of you.

Happy Sober Day friends! :star2: :star2:

8 Likes

Welcome, @Samme. Your story sounds familiar ( though I am much older). One day at a time. We can do it.

Hi all Iā€™m jen Iā€™m 33 and Iā€™m on day 4 Iā€™ve had a problem with alcohol as far back as I can remember and although there has been times in my life where I would drank daily to the excess and wake up and start again Iā€™m thankfully past all that nowā€¦my problem now is binge drinking I can just not drink for even a couple weeks then Iā€™ll have a can or two and I think I can handle that and then before I know it Iā€™m black out drunk and having to wake up to the aftermath of what drunk me does and it has to stop so now I have finally accepted I canā€™t drink at all everā€¦not even oneā€¦Iā€™ve been reading up on some posts and Iā€™m finding it really helpful in understanding myself reading other peopleā€™s stories and realising Iā€™m not crazy itā€™s just the alcohol

3 Likes

Welcome @Jen_lou

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

Youā€™re far from crazy @Jen_lou, about as far from crazy as you can get!
Just keep in mind (but donā€™t punish yourself) about all those awful ā€˜mornings afterā€™ once the drunk voice turns up (as it will) and starts reassuring you ā€˜itā€™s fine to drink, youā€™ve worked things out now, what harm can one do?ā€™ All that crap.
Build on that 4 days and get to the next hurdle Jen, 7days!

2 Likes

Thanks Charles Iā€™m determined to this timeā€¦I canā€™t listen to that voice anymore thatā€™s for sure ā€¦itā€™s always a trick

1 Like

And if you start to get cravings or the drunk voiceā€™s getting a bit loud just pop back to the forum @Jen_lou. Thereā€™ll always be someone to chat to or give you some inspiration.

1 Like

Welcome @Jen_lou and others! Anyone in early recovery check out this new threadā€¦

2 Likes

Hey guys my Name is Jesse. Iā€™m 26 and have been drinking very heavily since I was 20. Iā€™m 44 days sober today after many failed attempts at stopping. Iā€™m not really sure what else to say I just wanted to say the app and forum help me a lot daily with keeping focused and I appreciate all of you who reach out to people in need. Listening to others experiences has been crucial in me getting this far and even though itā€™s only been 44 days I feel very accomplished and optimistic about the future.

5 Likes

Hi @Peachonghorn and welcome. Iā€™m starting to realize just how many young people are out here with alcohol problems. (my own son is 20 - luckily heā€™s not addicted to anything yet.) Itā€™s very sad. The good news is that you all have a long sober life to look forward to! Not as much for me in my 50ā€™s. Donā€™t waste any more time please.

1 Like

Welcome @Peachonghorn :slight_smile:

Okay Iā€™ll start with the start of my current position.

Iā€™m 18 years only and Iā€™ve done many regretful drugs. Some of which I would remember if it werenā€™t for the people around me. Herion, acid, methamphetamine, Crack, speed, cocain, Marijuana, oil, shader, pharmaceuticals, shrooms, and thatā€™s all I can remember right now. See after years of abusing my body is tend to forget important things. Like why Iā€™m admitting to all my failures.

Now I guess itā€™s time for so personal things.

Iā€™ve been in cfs since I was 4 years old. Only because my foster went to jail for attempted murder. On my mother, myself and two of my younger brothers. That and the fact that I was born into a family know for drug trafficking and most obviousā€¦ being a very violently unpredictable gang.

Yeah I didnā€™t have such a great start in life but hey Iā€™m not dead yet. Obviously I donā€™t blame my parents for what Iā€™ve done. Cuz in the end it was my choice to follow there footsteps. Well the parts I know Cuz I havenā€™t seen the since cfs showed up.

Back to the addictions part.

Iā€™ve tried Marijuana at 8, cocain at 11, and all the rest at 15. I think I really donā€™t remember much. Also I know is I have needle markings everywhere, my body is constantly in pain, and my skin is noticeable a grayish colour.

On top of all that Iā€™m losing my eye sight. I have crossed bi-polar with unipolar depression. Uncontrollable anger issues and I very strange version of d.i.d. so I have alternating personality. 6 to be specific. And while ones " in the light" itā€™s opposite acts that of its conscious. Each alter is intensity attached to a emotion or deep feeling from post trauma. For example right now it sensitive and anger. I really do appreciate one have but apparently I have to f****** write about my feelings. I donā€™t know if Iā€™m around to do that but itā€™s my introduction of my life and that how I feel.

Anyways thatā€™s just about the shortest version of my story and my struggles.

To those who read all of it**
Thank you

4 Likes