Introduce Yourself

Thank you. Thank you so much

Hello Iā€™m new to this group but I am an addict my d.o.c was crack cocaine and heroin . I am now 3 months and 15 days clean today . I am on suboxone , and do my treatment at a place called Brightview . Itā€™s a wonderful place , I do group meetings and individual counseling also aswell as see a suboxone doctor .I had been useing for 5 years . Iā€™m only 22 , have 3 kids (2 boys & a beautiful little girl) and a wonderful fiance who supports my subrioty as well as my grandmother and younger brother. As I said Iā€™m new on here and Iā€™m just know figuring my way around. . .

6 Likes

Welcome @Thabrat. Thatā€™s a great testimony that youā€™ve shared. Thank you. And congratulations on the 3.5 months.

1 Like

Hello! I am 47. Introverted successful single mom. I want to quit alcohol completely. I drank heavily throughout my 20s. I managed to reduce it in my 30s but with some bad patches (divorce, a relationship with an alcoholic, bad habits of drinking as a coping mechanism, which is not a good idea). I have more recently been relatively moderate but still feel the daily alcohol craving, and still till fairly recently thought of a couple of drinks with dinner as normal. I joined ts 3 years ago and didnā€™t drink for a while, then slid back to it. I wasnā€™t in my worst drinking phase, by a long shot. My current partner doesnā€™t drink, which is great for me. I havenā€™t been blackout drunk for a really long time. But you donā€™t have to be at the worst or hit rock bottom to know thereā€™s room for improvement. Now I am feeling like I want to do better and be my best self, for my kids and me. I think that means not drinking, and bring more conscious and mindful in figuring out the feelings I try to numb with a drink.

4 Likes

Welcome back :slight_smile: Happy your are here and looking forward to reading about and sharing in your sobriety journey!

1 Like

Hi Christine,

Just wanted to thank you for sharing your story. Itā€™s great to hear that youā€™re sober and excited for the change. Keep using this app. Check in with us.

All the best,

Alan

Welcome! So happy to see you choosing a better life for you and your children. Youā€™re in the right place.

I relapsed on heroin after 3+ years clean. I was in a great place and got cocky. Had a good job and career, still do, and things were feeling alright. Something just clicked in my brain that said hey treat yourselfā€¦ You deserve it. Welp, that wasnā€™t a great idea at all. 3 years later almost 11 days clean for hopefully the last time.

2 Likes

Hello!
I am currently 40 days off from opioids. Though I never felt I had a addiction per say, I definitely had a dependance.
I never had issues with pain medication. The first time I was put on them i was 14 and than again at 15 after surgery on my hip.
I have had many full bottles of opiates that never phased me and I never felt the need to take.
I have a hereditary disorder with my spine, pelvis and hips that will require several more surgeries. I also have Lupus and Fibromyalgia.
I was put on Percs a few years ago and from there I guess I realized how nice it was to not feel pain and to feel normal again for the first time in many many years. But with the opioid epidemic I ended up losing my pain medication and started finding it elsewhere. My biggest issue was I am a baby. I cant handle pain and though they helped me and gave me better control of my life and being able to do things with my children that I couldnā€™t before, it also was taking my life away.
Withdrawls had become absolutely horrible and I am a really nice person but those withdrawls made me a fricken monster. I didnt recognize myself. I could get through them myself but decided to try Suboxone as I was told that though itā€™s not FDA approved for pain management, it does help with pain.
I havenā€™t felt much relief and I am allergic to Naloxone. So I was recently switch to Subutex and Iā€™m not loving the stuff. It makes me so sick and just miserable feeling. I have been slowly tapering myself down and hope that with some different life improvements and working closer with my therapist, Ortho and Rheumatologist, I will have a better outlook on life and better control on my pain.

3 Likes

Hi guysā€¦ I donā€™t really know how to start this but my nameā€™s Clarissa and Iā€™m a 22 year old alcoholicā€¦ I have a beautiful baby boy. I started drinking when I was 13. I was working and doing good for some time until after I had my son. I completely spiraled out of control. Not only was I drinking but also using meth and pills. I felt like I was hopeless. Last month, I went to rehab but got discharged early because of my health insuranceā€¦ Iā€™m in outpatient now and been 23 days sober. Everyday is difficult but definitely worth it. My heart goes out to all you. You are all very strong and courageous for sharing your guyses story. May God bless always.

7 Likes

Hello. New here. Have been an addict my whole life. Started with overeating into severe obesity. Then moved on to substance abuse after a traumatic divorce. Have been trying to get on top of it the last 4 years but with entering an abusive relationship post divorce, and then being homeless for the past year, itā€™s been impossible.

I also suffer chronic depression and anxiety which keeps me locked inside myself often. Itā€™s a daily fight.

Just trying to take it one day at a time. Which my brain freeking HATES.

Hoping to get to know you guys here.

1 Like

Hello,
Iā€™m Zak and Iā€™ve been sober for a month and 8 days.
Im 37 have three kids and a 1 dog.
Alcohol is my addiction and I have decided to stop drinking and start enjoying a sober life that I can remember.

8 Likes

Hello all, my name is Brandon. Here I am, nearing 72 hours sober and I dont plan on looking back. Alcohol has destroyed so many good things for me in the last 10 years or so. Including jobs, relationships with my friends, family, my children. It has caused a tremendous amount of financial problems and mental health issues for me as well. After recently hitting rock bottom in my life, there I was waking up the other afternoon after heavy binge drinking and cocaine use, I was anxiety ridden and had no energy to even move for a whole 24 hours or more. It came to the point where I was genuinely worried about myself. Since waking that day Iā€™ve made a promise to myself to take my life back. For myself, for my friends, for my family, and most importantly my two beautiful children. The only way is up now & hereā€™s to [hopefully] never looking back!!!

5 Likes

HI im Cole and Iā€™m trying to quick cold turkey Iā€™m 5 days sober. My cravings have been through the roof. any tips would be helpful thanks.

2 Likes

my names matt
im a proud drunk and drug addict

ill have 6 days sober at 3pm today

Boo
zhoo or hello! Thanks for sharing! I canā€™t figure out how to post without replying! Anyways, I think many people th8nk once a felon doomed. Yes, there are thiings you are limited to but traveling, school, and jobs arenā€™t one of them! By the wayā€¦, Hi Iā€™m Kat and Iā€™m an addict with 8 months and 13 days clean! And unforunately but forunately I have been to prison. Happy you shared!

Hi my nameā€™s Emma Iā€™m 38 years old I live in England be the seaside in Dorset,Iā€™m loving life 4 months clean I work as a self employed cleaner I have 2 beautiful kids Lilly and Vinnie imba single mummy and Iā€™d like to say hi

3 Likes

Hi Katrina thanks for share i too have been to prison but that doesnā€™t have to shape our future or who we are ,be so proud of yourself and your clean time

Hi Emma itā€™s nice to meet you! :joy::joy::+1::slightly_smiling_face:
Welcome to the community all of you newcomers!!

2 Likes

Ooopsss was it for newcomers my bad :scream::v::rofl::rofl::bouquet::wink:

1 Like