iPhone/YouTube and links in TS tech question

My main concern is the checking in daily thread, and I think that issue is resolved, for me, at least. Do you have specific recommendation for action to be taken? Should I do something?

Thanks. I hope this works for me.
Well I guess it is since I just hit reply to you and no YouTube video came up.
Have a nice day.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

If you have a link to the post, we can see if there’s a way to edit the way the link is posted or something to not make it autoplay. But I dunno.

I appreciate you and @Fargesia_murielae trying to help. Lots. I’ve worked around it for a bit and will keep trying.

1 Like

I checked that too! Not connected. Thanks though

1 Like

Wait… I don’t see any YouTube links on that thread though? :thinking:

Sorry, you’re right. It takes me to safari for that thread and for Stella’s dance party, too…although at the top it says “SoundCloud Widget”?

Ah, okay. Yes. This “just works” on Android, but there is clearly an embedded widget for SoundCloud for me. Maybe SoundCloud embeds specifically don’t work on iPhone (@Dejavu).

Anyway, I searched a little just now on the Discourse forum and I’m surprised something doesn’t jump right out. Maybe @Robin will have some ideas.

1 Like

Is SoundCloud an Android app?

No, a website for sharing music. My intermediate understanding is it’s all based on common web tech, though they surely have apps out there, too.

Ah, I see. Thanks for educating me. This whole investigation is stretching my tech knowledge big time!

1 Like

If it’s interesting, that’s also what I mean about the forum inside the app actually being a “Safari container.” What you see in the app is basically the mobile website, just inside a browser inside of the Sober Time app (as I understand it).

But that part of TS is also common/shared web code. On Android, it just launches a little Chrome browser container inside of the app to browse the mobile site.

That is interesting. I did just learn how to change the view to browser vs. mobile and that was different. Not sure if that relates at all.

Ohhh, that might be useful info for @Robin. If the behavior in an outside Safari browser for talkingsober behaves differently. Might be how the Safari container for the app is configured, and he could fix that.

(And sorry! If I latch on to this too much. I just really hate to think users can’t view certain threads at all! Stella posts some awesome beats. :sunglasses:)

No need to apologize. Honestly, I appreciate it. When I dive into something like this I also go all in. And I admit I’m a bit frustrated I couldn’t figure it out because my troubleshooting skills are usually decent. My main work around is to use my computer instead of my phone for the trouble spots and that’s okay for now! And I am excited to check that thread out some more, for sure!

1 Like

Well, I just tested the desktop view and on the check in thread when I scroll past the YouTube link it still took me to the YouTube app.

1 Like

@RosaCanDo I’m a little late but I have the same issue on my iPhone.

1 Like

We’re not alone, :rofl:! I hope a solution can be worked out.

1 Like

That’s what my husband said. We are a divided house. Never thought I’d start to agree, but I’m fully invested :sob:

1 Like

Same! It only started happening to me about a week ago, I never had the issue before that.