iPhone/YouTube and links in TS tech question

Yes it has

Well, I just checked YouTube settings again and autoplay was switched on again somehow, so Iā€™ve switched it off, but I donā€™t think that affects this issueā€¦

I just wrote @Piglet to take down his wonderful congratulations post because now whenever I hit reply his YouTube running video comes on :scream:
I had that problem with post with a nice post @Mno posted and when he took it down the problem went away.
Iā€™ll try what @Fargesia_murielae said to try.
Thanks for starting this topic.

1 Like

For the app, I can only contribute that the forum interface inside it is (I think) just a Safari container. But am an Android, so canā€™t experiment.

Also, the forum is based on Discourse. I wonder if thereā€™s insight on their forum? If itā€™s a fundamental thing, Robin may not even be able to help, but only submit a bug to them.

If a thread is broken from this though, either the OP of the post or one of us may be able to help if itā€™s a commonly visited thread, to change or remove the link.

2 Likes

Yeah, still an issue. I went to The artist formerly known as Dasindog thread and was automatically taken to YouTube. When I visit those threads with multiple YouTube links if I am scrolling through it will just do that over and overā€¦ :sob: I would love to be able to enjoy those threads.

My main concern is the checking in daily thread, and I think that issue is resolved, for me, at least. Do you have specific recommendation for action to be taken? Should I do something?

Thanks. I hope this works for me.
Well I guess it is since I just hit reply to you and no YouTube video came up.
Have a nice day.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

If you have a link to the post, we can see if thereā€™s a way to edit the way the link is posted or something to not make it autoplay. But I dunno.

I appreciate you and @Fargesia_murielae trying to help. Lots. Iā€™ve worked around it for a bit and will keep trying.

1 Like

I checked that too! Not connected. Thanks though

1 Like

Waitā€¦ I donā€™t see any YouTube links on that thread though? :thinking:

Sorry, youā€™re right. It takes me to safari for that thread and for Stellaā€™s dance party, tooā€¦although at the top it says ā€œSoundCloud Widgetā€?

Ah, okay. Yes. This ā€œjust worksā€ on Android, but there is clearly an embedded widget for SoundCloud for me. Maybe SoundCloud embeds specifically donā€™t work on iPhone (@Dejavu).

Anyway, I searched a little just now on the Discourse forum and Iā€™m surprised something doesnā€™t jump right out. Maybe @Robin will have some ideas.

1 Like

Is SoundCloud an Android app?

No, a website for sharing music. My intermediate understanding is itā€™s all based on common web tech, though they surely have apps out there, too.

Ah, I see. Thanks for educating me. This whole investigation is stretching my tech knowledge big time!

1 Like

If itā€™s interesting, thatā€™s also what I mean about the forum inside the app actually being a ā€œSafari container.ā€ What you see in the app is basically the mobile website, just inside a browser inside of the Sober Time app (as I understand it).

But that part of TS is also common/shared web code. On Android, it just launches a little Chrome browser container inside of the app to browse the mobile site.

That is interesting. I did just learn how to change the view to browser vs. mobile and that was different. Not sure if that relates at all.

Ohhh, that might be useful info for @Robin. If the behavior in an outside Safari browser for talkingsober behaves differently. Might be how the Safari container for the app is configured, and he could fix that.

(And sorry! If I latch on to this too much. I just really hate to think users canā€™t view certain threads at all! Stella posts some awesome beats. :sunglasses:)

No need to apologize. Honestly, I appreciate it. When I dive into something like this I also go all in. And I admit Iā€™m a bit frustrated I couldnā€™t figure it out because my troubleshooting skills are usually decent. My main work around is to use my computer instead of my phone for the trouble spots and thatā€™s okay for now! And I am excited to check that thread out some more, for sure!

1 Like