iPhone/YouTube and links in TS tech question

Well, I just tested the desktop view and on the check in thread when I scroll past the YouTube link it still took me to the YouTube app.

1 Like

@RosaCanDo Iā€™m a little late but I have the same issue on my iPhone.

1 Like

Weā€™re not alone, :rofl:! I hope a solution can be worked out.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what my husband said. We are a divided house. Never thought Iā€™d start to agree, but Iā€™m fully invested :sob:

1 Like

Same! It only started happening to me about a week ago, I never had the issue before that.

Yep happens to me on one thread. I cannot remember which. I havenā€™t experienced for a while though :grinning:

Update: @RosaCanDoā€¦ I just discovered that it also happens with videos from other websites, not just YouTube. Every time I open the Friday Thread it takes me to some video clip of soccer.

1 Like

Have you tried changing any of the settings as described in this thread at all?

I havenā€™t yet actually, the YouTube issue hasnā€™t happened to me in a few days. If it happens again Iā€™ll try ā€œdisconnectingā€ YouTube from TS. I stream a ton of content from YouTube though so I probably wonā€™t disable auto play since I use it so much.

Iā€™m currently on a iPhone I donā€™t have an issue with YouTube links.

The only issue I have is I have to hit done on my keypad when I reply to a thread to see what Iā€™m typing

If TS is actually a container inside a Safari (as @Eke explained) could the solution be lurking inside Safariā€™s settings and not inside YouTube or TS?
Apple loves to automatically update all your apps quietly and in doing so sometimes introduces new settings (some turned on by default) or does not honour existing settings after updating.

1 Like

Another iPhone issue that very recently occurred for me is I can no longer double-tap a word to select & highlight it. Likely my phone issue but @RosaCanDo and others with iPhones: Iā€™m curious if youā€™re experiencing this too?

I thought about that too, but I couldnā€™t find relevant setting other than maybe this:

And neither options changes things.

@Salty Iā€™ve been having issues with being able to select text that way for agesā€¦thatā€™s also a pain. Also, frequently when I click on the text box to reply, I get weird pop ups to select, copy, or other things instead of just putting a cursor in and I have to click on ā€œselectā€ to get past it.

Yup same here. Just from my phone.

1 Like

@RosaCanDo & @Salty Yeah I canā€™t select, highlight, or copy and paste any text either. Itā€™s been that way (I think) since I joined TS. I always assumed it was my old crappy iPhone but I just got a new one last week and I still have the same issue.

Every once in a while Iā€™m able to highlight a word or two but as soon as I click ā€œcopyā€,
the entire app crashes.

Honestly that problem is way more annoying than the YouTube thing for me lol

2 Likes

Same here! And I donā€™t know why I didnā€™t think to mention it as a glitchā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s such a weird issue I always just assumed it was my phone!

I guess me too.

Turns out there is a simple solution

6 Likes

Noooooooooooo! :apple: That means (gasp) Iā€™d have to try something new

1 Like