Is anybody on day one?

Hi all i drink every night binging 1/2 a bottle of whiskey… i tought that i was doing it without my wife noticing but yesterday she faced me and she has been marking my bottles for several weeks! I decided that i will try to quit!! Any help please

11 Likes

I began my journey yesterday!! Although mine isn’t alcohol but if you’ve took this 1st step you’ve got this.

6 Likes

What’s your plan? Stopping drinking is the easy part, staying stopped takes a lot of hard work.

14 Likes

Welcome back @Clinnyb :wave:

Getting sober is a good idea. You’re an alcoholic and that only leads to pain.

You’ve been on day 1 several times over the last three years. Something needs to change for it to stick.

Try going to a group, like www.AA.org, or one off the recovery programs listed here: Resources for our recovery. There are online ones too: Online meeting resources

Obviously part of you knows this is a problem, or you wouldn’t be here today. Another part of you is saying “oh it’s not that bad”. The second part is lying to you, but it’s easier to accept because it requires no work.

You need to change. It starts one day at a time, with commitment.

Keep us posted! :innocent:

8 Likes

Welcome Samantha! :wave: :innocent:

1 Like

I Find Myself Always On Day One As I Take It “One Day At A Time”. (19 Days Sober)

6 Likes

We all started at day 1.
If you want to quit you got this.
I drank and did alot of drugs behind everyone backs thinking no one knew but everyone did. I had no off switch to stop myself after one or two.
I drank for over 33 years and did drugs for 22 years. I’m married for 18 years and have a beautiful daughter of 12 years old. :heart: my brother, life will open up to you if you allow it to happen and we are all here to help.

Not one more drink, no matter WHAT

Repeat in your mind, forever

I’m clean for 15 months, never fell off the wagon
Do whatever it takes to get through the next 3 months.
I had to move out from my family and live with my parents so I could focus on myself after that the world is yours. One peace :v: one love :heart: one inside my brother. One day at a time.

Don’t think about your past or else you will live in your thoughts only in the past, repeating what you know. Buy a bottle.
Live in the now, where you have control of your choices.
One day at a time…
Think about your future that is unwritten, repeating to people, NO its okay I don’t drink. And that’s okay. :100:

6 Likes

Welcome to the community! I started by creating a new sober routine for myself and that set me up for success, along with spending a lot of time here.

5 Likes

Try a meeting kept me sober wish you well

4 Likes

Can’t remember which thread l got this from or who posted it, but l love it and read it often!

5 Likes

Eric @Dazercat likes to use it! I have a screen shot of it too! :grin:

4 Likes

Guilty :grin:
I would like to find something like that for a key chain. I like the dog tag look.
@Andy68

1 Like

I wonder if it’s official AA merch or if someone in AA makes them??
We should do some sleuthing,Eric!

1 Like

Looked up AA MERCHANDISE- there’s a lot of stuff out there! Like these enamel coins

2 Likes

I am on Day 3 right now.

4 Likes

I’m back at day 1 after almost 4months sober.
We all know how you are feeling. Please don’t be shy to reach out for support

3 Likes

I can’t find that particular one anywhere. I thought I saw it on Etsy. But it disappeared on my. Let me know if you find that one.

I know what your going through, I was a stoner for about a year, and today is day one of being sober, congrats on having the will to stop, for your family

3 Likes

3 Likes