It’s Friday, almost made it a week

It’s almost been a week since my last drink- hours away… But it’s Friday now and I’m done with work. Realllly wanting a margarita- :-/. Trying not to give in

8 Likes

Please don’t give in, it’s not worth it! I’m on day 9, I thought I was going to have a hard time last weekend (my 1st) and I really didn’t. Stay busy, do anything you enjoy that doesn’t involve alcohol. YOU CAN DO THIS, STAY STRONG! :heart:

5 Likes

Not worth it! Hang out here, read about pets Post photos of your pets #4 and food Foodies Unite #4 (trigger warning food) DON’T GO BACON MY HEART! or go to an online meeting and hang out because it’s a safe place Online meeting resources

You are allowed to do anything that’s safe and legal, to stay sober.

Get a haircut? Yes.
Visit an amusement park and ride rollercoasters? Yes.
Cake for dinner? Absolutely.
Etc etc.

Anything that’s safe and legal is better than drinking - because drinking always sucks, every time (it’s our brains and habits that lie to us).

The “pull” to drink will pass. Take a walk and set a timer on your phone for maybe 20 mins. Go 20 mins at a time and keep just focusing on getting through the next 20 mins.

4 Likes

I’ve been hooked on the Foodies Unite, I’m around 950, it’s a great thing to scroll through to get your mind off anything else :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fridays after a long work week are a struggle and trigger for me. I’ll be around if you want to chat.

3 Likes

Thank you all! I’m really trying not to give in- definitely realizing Friday after work week is going to be tough :-/. But it never ends well when I drink… thanks for the advice!

4 Likes

All the times of making plans to go to the movie’s or whatever was not bar related, starting at the bar first I never got there. I enjoyed when first sober and still do love going to the movies or other things that I never got to once the first drink was in me.
Give yourself the gift of doing something nice like that, movies, making plans to get up early and bike ride walk a hiking trail, go to dinner at a restaurant that does not serve alcohol and look forward to the dessert, taste the food and enjoying it, rearrange the furniture, start an art project! Get together for lunch or breakfast with a sober friend. .… It gets easier!

3 Likes

another idea! Bowling! It is fun to go bowling with other sober people!

1 Like

Hang in there u got this

1 Like

You’ll feel proud of that one week milestone.

If you drink youll feel hungover. Choose proud. Its funner!

2 Likes