It starts on day 1

Good morning,

I must be better at managing my temper. Recognition of the triggers that rub me up the wrong way is key. I cannot control or change the plonker that works in my office, but I can control the volume of his twaddle that enters into my ear. Not letting his comments get to me and build up to the evening for my wine release is essential.

I kind of like my job, so best not react and create a reason for HR to chop me from the team.

Today is day 5.

3 Likes

Evening everyone.

Signing off after a steady day. Keep up the hard work all of you.

Today is day 5.

2 Likes

Today is my day 2. Its actually lovely waking up without trying to remember conversations from last night.
Found it really difficult to sleep last night though. My brain was racing…normally I hit the pillow after a bottle (and at least another half bottle). No trouble sleeping. But wake feeling tired and horrible. Anyway today is the start of day 2. So far so good!

2 Likes

Good morning Izzy,

Thank you for leaving a reply. I want to congratulate you for taking the bull by the horns and choosing to go without.

I’ll be here through out the day should you need anything.

Your sleep will get better and your tireness will improve. I have a little dog that needs walking 3 times a day. So I have now forced myself into a routine of 5.30am up and walking g for 1hour in the a.m. everyday. I’m not saying go buy a dog, but an early morning walk will do you proud.

Stick with us on here and speak to you soon.

Today is day 6.

Evening all.

Heres to another day without. Hope you are all still with me.

This evening I had a strong craving to drink. Whilst cooking. When I fought the urge, I felt this chunk in my lower throat and a fog behind the eyes build up. Its still there now as I write this, and that was an hour ago.

My wife knows whats going on now, and came and asked if I needed help with anything to calm down. “I got this babe”. I’ll be fine in a second.

Appreciation moment for my wife
She has been so supportive and loving. She has her our troubles to worry about, let alone my bag of bits in the mix. I am the man I am now because I met her. I decided to stop abusing narcotics 2 weeks before we met. So I was getting clean and fighting the urge back then. She didn’t have a clue what I was/had been going through/doing. But she knows now.

This evening, have a think on someone or something you appreciate. You don’t have to post here, but I’ve found it therapeutic telling you how amazing my wife is. Would he good to hear from you.

Best as always

Today is day 6.

2 Likes

Today has been a mixture of mind numbing boredom and anxiety pulsing highs. I’ve a headache that won’t subside and a sensation in my chest that I can’t catch a full breath.

I know I am doing great. I am very happy with my progress.

I have a busy weekend ahead. I hope you are all doing well. Speak to you soon.

Today is day 7.

2 Likes

Hello and thank you for your message of support. I have a dog! And I’ve walked him on my lunch break yesterday and today… normally I get my son to do it and I work through lunch. But I’ve decided to make time for myself and go out and get some fresh air. After working today I really wanted a drink. But I told myself to stop…I had a whole conversation in my head about it and then went and made dinner. Keeping myself busy. The sleep thing is hard still but my mind is becoming quieter. I’m just finishing day 3 and I feel good. A little anxious but not overwhelmed. It’s one day at a time really isn’t it.

1 Like

Back again day 1. Walking is such a good idea. My dog will appreciate it.

Hey. How you getting on?

1 Like

Hi David,

Back again day 1. You ok mate?

1 Like

Hi Izzy,

Well done for keeping busy. Glad you’re doing well and enjoying those dog walks.

Tonight I poured my wife a glass of wine. Bless her she has been great this week, but she has had a rotten day and fancied a glass. It wasn’t easy for me to do, but I saw the challenge and accepted it. Pleased to say that I have enjoyed my fizzy water with ribena, in a wine glass. :smiley::rofl::laughing:

This weekend I am hosting a 32 person bbq at my house. This weekend will be the biggest challenge yet.

Today is day 8.

Thank you so much for checking in! Day 5 today and I am prepared for a sober weekend as well. Feeling really clear headed and loving this community.

Hi. Thanks for checking on me. Feeling a bit lost without my crutch of booze and dope. I’ve been here before. I know it gets better. I was trying to give up everything including tobacco but bought a packet of smokes this morning. I figure it’s the least of my worries at the moment.

Great job on your day 8! I am on day 8 as well. This week has been a little bumpy and I also have had headaches most of the week. I haven’t had to be around alcohol really yet but will have to this weekend. I’m going to hold strong, I have to! You will hold strong as well!

Stand by for Rant!

I have a headache that won’t shift. The thought of being around 30 people drinking tonight is daunting. I hate coming to work at the minute because all I’m thinking about is not drinking. I am therefore not head in game at work and not selling (car salesman). I know right, alcoholic car salesman! Yes I’ve been to work on drink. Feeling really bloody sorry for myself at the minute and when I get home I’ve got to paint on my smile and pretend its all OK.

But,

Today is day 9.

I’m so happy for you! As long as you don’t have one sip, you won’t have a problem at the parties or any of that! Keep up the great work!

Thanks Bobby.

I’ll check in through the night if I need to.

1 Like

There’s always someone here. When I went on a fishing trip I read a post by Gala…. She references a movie that put things in the perspective for me. If you look at the thread called “sliding glass doors” You can see her analogy!!

1 Like

How are things going? Remember you will feel great in the morning if you don’t drink

1 Like

Thank you for checking in.

I made it through. I had plenty of BBQ duty to keep me occupied!!! Great party everyone enjoyed themselves and plus, I can say…

Today is day 10

4 Likes