It's a new day

I’ve been up and down for so many years now. I once went over 30 days without a drink. It felt sooooo good. Don’t know why I ever went back.
Now I can go 2 days tops… Then I totally binge. Last night was the last. I need to save myself. I just sometimes feel so alone.

12 Likes

Your not alone here alot of us had a tough time breaking the constant cycle of drinking. I drank everyday for so many years always drinking to get drunk then pass out never really to relax and get a good night sleep what a vicious cycle. Glad that you found us, reach out if your struggling or just have a good read around.

2 Likes

Hi, welcome! You are not alone anymore! We can do this together :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I really have had no support even though I have been completely open with some family. I have been totally honest about how bad it really is, and how bad alcohol makes me feel and I have been told that if I think it’s a problem it will be. Well … I’ve tried telling myself that I don’t have issues with alcohol but that clearly does not work. I really cannot just have one drink. I’m so glad that I found this app and I appreciate your reply so much.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!! I’m really feeling a sense of relief right now that I have people like you responding with such support already!

2 Likes

Welcome @Miranda you are definitely not alone. Keep talking here and it makes such a difference. I am quite new and everyone is so friendly. I really don’t know if I would have been able to stick at it without checking in daily and reading as much as I could.

1 Like

Always someone here that will give somekind of feed back that may help, great to have you in the community.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much :purple_heart:

Hi Miranda! Welcome to the forum! You’ll find lots of support here, people that have gone and are still going through the same struggles as you are. Stick around!

Thank you so much. I just feel so determined that I will be stronger now that I have somewhere to go for support.

1 Like

That’s fundamental. Even though I don’t post every day, I’ve been on here every day in the past 5-6 months. I hope you find your way, it’s so much worth it. You did it before, as you mentioned. Sending strength to you! :muscle:t2:

It feels good to know you’re not alone, doesn’t it? :kissing_heart: I’m so glad you’re here. It helped me tremendously to read the posts and shares of others here. There’s a daily check-in thread and my favorite, the gratitude thread. I’m gonna leave you a couple of links to get you started. Welcome to the community! :blush::purple_heart:

1 Like

You’re not alone. I’m here. :hugs::heartbeat:

Thank you for all of the information🤗