Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude The Air Of Recovery

I’m grateful to God I don’t drink.
I’m grateful to God I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful I remembered about “muting and ignoring” on here instead of engaging in something that would be unproductive and cause the moderators unnecessary work.
I’m grateful maybe I’ll remember to use this feature sooner next time instead of trying to figure out if I should engage or not.
NOT!

I’m grateful Alice won’t leave me alone. I guess sometimes she just needs her daddy. I’m grateful she seems ok. I’ll be more grateful when we finally get that urine culture back hopefully today :grimacing:.
I’m grateful I don’t try to rush things. Most of the time. I’m getting so much better at it.

I’m grateful we had fun watching the SAG Awards last night. Bring on the Oscars. I’m grateful CODA won a few awards. I’m grateful for my hearing. I’m grateful I can appreciate how hard it must be for a deaf cast to win an award.
I’m grateful for the handicaps my family had when I was growing up, it’s made me more aware and emphatic to other peoples struggles, especially the ones that are not so obvious to the eye. I’m grateful for my sister who had MS and I learned a lot from her struggles. :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:
I’m grateful I did all I could to help her. She was my favorite person in the world. 🥲🤗 Love you Susan.

I’m grateful I still have no idea where I’m going with gratitude when I do my list. I’m grateful I just know if I start it with a few basic things my heart and my God will take over and I will be filled with a treasure of unexpected gratitude and that will keep me sober. I got and have had so much in life that I am grateful for. I’m grateful for unexpected tears of gratitude and the way they fill my heart and soul.
Fucking Susan! Get out of my head! She would appreciate that. :rofl: I grateful she was an artist in profanity. :joy: I’m grateful for all the road trips to the mountains we use to take. And all the last minute unplanned camping we use to do. Shit. I’m stuck.

I’m grateful for you all.
I’m grateful for love.
I’m grateful I know what love is.
I’m grateful I can still love someone when they’re gone.
:pray:t2::heart:

I smile because your my brother.
I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it.

An embroidered pillow she got me that I’ll never give up.

17 Likes

That’s awesome! What a smart idea. I’m glad you found a way to work with the situation.

8 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful work was kinda productive today.

Grateful sun was shining today.

I am grateful for information as it is calming me.

I am grateful I barely use the heating. It’s warm enough here in my apartment.

I am grateful that many institutions react on what’s happening and cut money cash flow. Everyone has to suffer, sure. I am praying.

17 Likes

I’m grateful for your avatar. Do you mind if I join you?

6 Likes

I am grateful to be going into the night sober; I’m worried I won’t sleep, but that’s nothing compared to the other…
I have a pint of clean water, I am grateful I can take this from a functioning tap whenever I want.
I’m grateful for being able to be honest about my illness
I’m grateful for kind people in this world
For now, that’s plenty.

14 Likes

Today I am grateful for friends. Lately I’ve been a bit rubbish at keeping in touch with my friends, I’ve got out of the habit of meeting up and making the effort. But today I phoned my friend, it was so nice to speak to her and things were good between us. And another friend has been in touch to meet up and I will get together soon. It’s so easy to fall into the ‘I can’t be bothered’ mindset for me but I totally realise how important friends are. I need to put the work in!!
Thanks for being here xx

14 Likes

I’m grateful that I have true compassion for others. Had I not known trauma, I’m sure I would still have that compassion, but it may not have come as easily for me. I’m grateful I’m able to put a definition to pain and do my damnedest to support others and myself.

I’m grateful I’m here. I’m grateful I’ve quit putting all my eggs in one basket. I did that again and again in my past and all it got me was grief. I’m grateful that I give of myself to as many as I’m able, and I’m also grateful I know when enough is enough. I’m grateful I take care of me first now.

I’m grateful for music and meditation. I’m grateful for those little nudges from the universe that keep me on the right path.

I’m grateful for this community. :purple_heart:

15 Likes

I’m grateful for grace that I have learned over time.
I’m grateful that I was given the gift of voice and language. I’m grateful I have one. I’m grateful that I’m learning that it’s okay to use it. When I was little I was left completely alone in every single moment of my emotional distress. While it taught me to be self sufficient and independent. It gave me a near crippling anxiety for reaching out when I’m in distress. I created beautiful worlds where I was given emotional support and reassurance that I was not given in real life. I’m grateful I have a real one now. I’m grateful in my sobriety that I’ve started to overcome that crippling fear. That I’m finding my people. That I’m reaching out for help. That I’m finding I’m worthy of being taken care of too. Of emotional support. Of caring. I’m grateful I use my voice to protect others. I’m grateful I use it to name my feelings, to get to the bottom of them. I’m grateful I always put myself in someone else’s shoes. I’m grateful it helps me come from a place of love and understanding. I’m grateful for my people here. You are like rocks to me. Like family. I have been able to share pieces of me that I never believed I could. I’m grateful I can honestly say that I know what it means to heal caverns in my soul that started forming when I was just a little girl. I’m grateful that I have you all to thank for giving me the permission to reach out and that you never made me feel weak for doing so.
I’m grateful that Ian is feeling better. I’m grateful for a slight break in the heat. I’m grateful Ian and I both love cooking and taking care of one another. I’m grateful he’s taught me I can receive, I don’t always have to give.
I’m grateful for long walks. I’m grateful for peace rallies. I’m grateful that we get to choose every day to make the world a kinder, more beautiful place. :yellow_heart:

19 Likes

Good evening all,
I’m grateful for a warm, safe home full of love. I’m grateful for enough food for my family. I’m grateful for love and forgiveness.
Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

17 Likes

Today I am grateful for:

• The beautiful friendships I have made here… I really don’t feel so alone anymore.
  • Being able to get my new meds to help me balance my moods
  • For music. My hubby showed me this powerful Spoken Word song about Anxiety. It really moved me. It’s called Dear Anxiety by Clayton Jennings (for anyone interested). Unbelievably powerful!
  • For my fighting spirit and for not giving up on myself. Loving my 2 weeks clean!
  • For God! Who has literally pulled me out of addiction and showing me another way to live :pray:
18 Likes

I’m grateful to God. I’m grateful for recovery, including mine. I’m grateful for my family, friends, TS and all you gratidudes. I’m grateful for music and creativity. I’m grateful I walk home after work almost every night. I’m grateful I can afford to take the bus all the time and that I choose to walk or bike. I’m grateful for the stand-up comedian section on Netflix as I watch enough sci-fi, dramas, action movies and shows. I’m grateful for @M-be-free49 . I’m grateful I get offered to take shifts almost everyday, as well as called in for longer, I do need to remember to take breaks and days off though as someday’s my spiritual tank dries out at work. I’m grateful for @Dazercat . I’m grateful I can choose to play some word puzzle or chess instead of gambling on poker even though I want to gamble on poker. I’m grateful that in about an hour and a half It will be one week no gambling. I’m grateful for @Its_me_Stella . I’m grateful that my housemates cleaned the living room and kitchen today. I’m grateful I can do my laundry anytime. I’m grateful I am still on a make my bed when I get up streak. I’m grateful for @Sunflower1 . I’m grateful that it is almost a new month and I can get the bicycle back out soon. I’m grateful I get lots of goodies for free from work, rather than throwing them out, but my waistline is showing it, gratefully only a little. I’m grateful for @Bootz @ShesGotMoxie @Callie99 @PaigeTurner @RosaCanDo . I’m grateful for the twelve steps and the principles they teach. I’m grateful for treatment centers for people like myself wirth addiction and mental health issues. I’m grateful for sober, supportive, transitional housing that is avaiable and for the one i live in. I’m grateful they will find someone else to take my room when I move in June. I’m grateful for @CATMANCAM . I’m grateful for subsidized housing and that I discovered I can still work while living there unless I start earning to much then I couldn’t, I am grateful that makes sense to me. I’m grateful for self love and meditation. I’m grateful for daily, readings and prayer. I’m grateful that I still read every post on this thread since I joined it back in early 2020, it helps a lot not just writing mine but reading all of yours.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. Don’t forget to smile and breathe, it feels good. Ya you!!

19 Likes

Hello

• Today I am grateful to be alive, sober and learning to be calm, to quiet the mind and not fall into my first impulse.

• Today I am grateful to be able to see, hear, speak, and taste the food, the fruits, the water.

• Today I am grateful for the health of my family and mine, daily disciplined effort to eat healthy not impulsively, taking care of my body with sports helps improve my self-esteem, just like this daily list of gratitude are daily goals that I must meet before going to sleep and I feel the changes in me.

• Today I am grateful to @Dazercat for this initiative this saves me, a few weeks ago my thoughts were of constant suicide, laying eggs and gratitude to take responsibility for my attitudes towards what frustrates me and causes me impotence, I humbly return to reality.

• Today I am grateful for taking the time to read your lists give me so much, thank you very much for all those treasures, today I am grateful to @Butterflymoonwoman
    in thanks for sharing the song “DEAR ANXIETY”, it is a jewel thank you very much,

• Today I am grateful for giving time to recovery reading.

• Today I am grateful to @Jesile for his clean time and for the March Workout Challenger tomorrow I start motivated.

• Today I am grateful for releasing resentments with my sister, I know she tries to get to me, but I still put up barriers because of my ego. I need to drop more.

• Today I am grateful for writing to an old friend and thanking her for her friendship and letting her know how important she is in my life.

• Today I am grateful for the opportunity I have to deal with my negative thoughts by living alone by learning to have self-love.

• Today I am grateful for my present, for loving me one more day one day at a time not only in abstinence but doing everything possible to be well with myself.

just for today and thanks to the love and mercy of God I have not consumed.

good night.

16 Likes

Grateful for love from HP
For meditation and detachment of thoughts and emotions. For non-identification as a mind/body process. For willingness for effort and action.
For embracing the present moment and for gratitude and the Gratidudes.
Let’s go get another sober 24!
:pray:🧘‍♂:hugs::four_leaf_clover:

15 Likes

I am grateful to have a roof over my bed.
I am grateful for the comfortable need I have.
I’m grateful for my health.
I am grateful to my family.
I am grateful to my husband.
I am grateful to my AA community

17 Likes

I’m grateful:

For 4 hours sleep without waking up once.

For having faith that I will adjust to later nights because of meetings.

For the CA Zoom meetings my sponsor has suggested, I’m getting a consistent message from all of them.

For iced coffee helping me to keep my eyes open.

For the in-person CA meeting I will attend tonight.

For the time my sponsor will spend with me later today to continue step work.

For nature always knowing what it needs and the atmosphere always providing it.

For clean and hot water I will have for my shower today.

For my family and their health.

For my two cats and their cute and funny personalities.

That I don’t live in pure panic anymore.

That I’m not avoiding reality anymore.

That I’m not white-knuckling sobriety this time around.

That I no longer contribute to the drug pandemic.

That I’m not to scared to answer my phone to unknown numbers anymore.

Thank you.

:blue_heart:

@TigerMatriarch thank you :blue_heart: I’m glad you’re feeling more positive again :raised_hands:t2:
@I.cant.We.can congrats on your week free from gambling :tada: I’m grateful for you too :blue_heart:

17 Likes

I’m grateful for another day sober so I can be the best me for my family and friends :pray:t2:

17 Likes

Today I’m grateful for 6 hours sleep.
I’m grateful for living in a vibrant city of art and self expression
I’m grateful I have a job and that I can work from home
I’m grateful for coffee… The act of grinding the beans, selecting the beans and drip brewing is so enjoyable to me.
I am grateful to you all.

:pray:

15 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful I can distract myself from what’s happening.

16 Likes

I’m grateful the calm has found me again. Yesterday wasn’t too peachy. I’m grateful for my mind’s ability to process. It’s a wonderful feeling to think about things rather than just reacting. There is grace in that. My grandma would be proud of me. :heart:

I’m grateful for Ethan. I’m grateful he stays in touch and shares the music tracks he’s working on. That guy’s got talent! I’m grateful he’s doing well.

I’m grateful I’m watching the chicklets today. Hearing their squeals of laughter and seeing their excited little faces when I show up makes my whole day. I love them so much. :heartpulse:

I’m grateful for the doctors and nurses involved with my father-in-law’s cancer diagnosis. I’m grateful a new team member is coming on board. It never hurts to have someone else’s professional input. I’m grateful he’s feeling better and has his appetite back.

I’m grateful for so much more, but I’m off to get the girls. Y’all have a beautiful day. :sunny::yellow_heart:

18 Likes

I’m grateful for good advice and fellowship.

I mentioned on here that I was struggling with depression and the urge to drink. I had been feeling down for a few weeks and I was pretty angry about it. Why should I feel depressed if I was doing everything right? Making all the recommended changes? It wasn’t fair.

But as I was talking to someone at AA about this, they shared their experience with me because it was similar. Hearing from someone who knew exactly what I was talking about was incredibly helpful and brought me alot of peace.

I’m grateful that I can accept the lows with the highs.
I’m grateful that I’m no longer angry at myself for being unhappy.
I’m grateful for sober communities where we can help each other get through these times.

And lastly, I’m grateful that now I can start focusing on others. I’ve been stuck in a cycle of self-pity, anger, and overall unhappiness. But there is alot to be grateful for :star2: I want to be better but I accept that it’s a process.

I hope you are all having a good week so far :heartpulse:

18 Likes