It's amazing how quick habits die

Habits are a huge part of people. I’m on day 8, it’s not a long time but it’s a great start to life off the booze. Already I can see old habits disappearing already and new habits kicking in.

One thing that is blazingly obvious to me is my train of thought. Now that I’ve said to myself that drink is no longer in my life - I can actually see a more relaxed, younger and stress-free me when I look in the mirror. I feel that I’ve lost 90% of future stress.

11 Likes

I’ve said many a time that I’ll stop for a month, but that just doesn’t cut it. I was in the supermarket last night and it was an awesome feeling not going to the drinks isle.

Orange juice tastes so much better :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I could have typed this myself when my journey began.
Now on day 118
Trust me,it gets easier. Keep that positive mindset

3 Likes

RX24 day 3 is awesome, it’s a start to month one. They say that 21days of doing the same thing becomes part of you.

4 Likes

Cheers Dalj

Thank you and good on you (118). You must see the world now with different eyes. :slight_smile:

The piles of shit I stepped in when I was a drunk were always my fault, I would put things off, not pay bills, give in to my base desires.

As a sober folk, I step in far less piles of my own making thanks to healthier habits and coping mechanisms.

Healthy habits are simple, but can be hard to accomplish because they don’t have that instant gratification that drugs and booze give us.

Good work on 8 days, beginning to see things through a whole new lens now.

7 Likes

Heck yes, @Stephen1. I can relate, though mine didn’t all die on their own. Seeing how others were carrying on in sobriety helped me realize how many thoughts/habits I took for granted fed into the miserable trains of thought that kept me drinking.

Some of the broken thinking fell away while still more of it took active change. With each passing day, focusing on what I can can be doing better instead of always accepting worse, life gets better.

Rock on, man!

3 Likes

I like that phrase CaptaZ "piles of shit’ and when we were drunk, it wasn’t our poor faults! Yeh right!

Spot on, I am seeing things differently, the 8 day’s of course is a big part of that, but it’s more of the inner belief that the old shitty world is GONE!

2 Likes

Being on here@Eke is like being part of a huge team. Every good or bad story gives you strength, and within a very short time you respect and feel close to people that are the other side of the world. I’ve never been in a group like this before, yet it’s now the first and last place I visit every day.

6 Likes

Snap! :hugs:
I feel better and more encouraged after checking in here

3 Likes

I feel the same. It’s amazing how close I’ve become with a bunch of strangers. I love this place and it’s part of my daily routine to check in and see how everyone is doing.

3 Likes

Yep that’s how it starts. You no longer have to constantly judge whether or not you are too drunk or hungover to go do this or that.

4 Likes

I am same. Wake up log on… weak times through day logon on. Before sleep logon. Helps so much. I feel interested and care about people as you feel you are getting to know them. Wonderful group

3 Likes

I am same so good to hear. On day 28 all i have thought about is not drinking very slowly accepting i cant not fully there yet. Thank you for making this feel normal.

2 Likes

Same point

2 Likes

Got same feelings about this forums. Ton of adivces, stories and support. Diving into topics when I started my soberity was extremaly helpful :grin: it’s great to know you are not alone in addiction.

2 Likes