It's getting HOT in here - the Hot Sauce thread šŸ”„

Me too! Different peppers thoughā€¦I canā€™t handle that kind of heat! :rofl:

2 Likes

Soā€¦growing peppersā€¦planted peanutsā€¦I think, if everything grows like its suppose tooā€¦I will recreate this!

4 Likes

Spicy peanut poops!
Keep the toilet paper in the freezer
:joy:

2 Likes

For those late night indiscretionsā€¦

3 Likes

Ahhhhā€¦ I see their problem - theyā€™re using lit matches on their butthole.
Bet if they stopped that the burn would go away.

4 Likes

I really want to increase my spice tolerance. Iā€™m a whimp. Just to open me up to more foods/flavours/recipes. Iā€™ve been working on it :sweat_smile:

Iā€™ve always joked I canā€™t handle spice, as a punishment growing up for fibbing or saying a bad word was Tabasco sauce under our tongue, and weā€™d have to hold it there until we were told we could spit it out. Recently I joked about it and someone said along the lines of, ā€œthatā€™s awfulā€. Hindsight, maybe it was. That made me think; and maybe in reality itā€™s a bit traumatic. I remember this as far back as age 3-4. I cannot fathom doing that to my son. But in true Salty fashion, I minimize things with humour. Ok sorry for the over sharing :sweat_smile: I digress.

Iā€™ve been branching out with slightly spicier flavours in some things such as Thai or Mexican inspired dishes. Any suggestions for a mild spice sauce to try?

4 Likes

Oh jeez! Yes, thatā€™s pretty traumatic chica.

Salsa verde in a jar tends to be pretty mild and itā€™s versatile. I recently have tried jars of Thai curries and they barely had any spice! But thatā€™s just me. Maybe thatā€™s a place to start for you? Hereā€™s the brand I bought

5 Likes

We had a similar punishment in our house when I was growing up and we had to eat an entire raw jalapeƱo. :sob: My mum grew them in the garden and they were some of the spiciest jalapeƱos I have ever had in my life.

3 Likes

This looks so nice!

Ouch! That hurts. Iā€™m feeling grateful for my childhood of guilt trips right about nowā€¦

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Looks yum.

I grew up to love spice by adding in peperoncinos, the yellow brined peppers you sometimes get with pizza or antipasto. Most are mild but you get a little spice every once in a while.

1 Like

This isnā€™t a hot sauce, per se, but it is hot! I picked this up at the local farmers market the other day. Itā€™s great on salad!

5 Likes

Hey is that blueberry ghost pepper one any good? I have seen it in stores and always wanted to try it. Is it really hot? I love the spice :+1:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

I havenā€™t tried it. The hubs liked it but he said it had a bit more sweet from the blueberry. The black garlic one he likes though. Says itā€™s plenty hot lol

1 Like

Iā€™ll check them both out, thank you!

1 Like

Currenlty have this one open and in frequent use.
Not as hot as I thought, but thatā€™s probably just me.
Very nicely balanced and lets the flavour of the chili really shine through. The vinegar keeps it bright and not having any thickeners is really nice - not a fan of artificially gloopy sauces.

3 Likes

Over here traditionally the only hot sauce we knew and used was sambal, more a chilli paste than a sauce really, Indonesian in origin. It came here a part of our colonial heritage. Lots of varieties, different preparations, different chillies, different other ingredients, vegetarian, or with shrimp, or chicken hearts, to name just a few. I like this one which has been fried.

Currently thereā€™s loads more available. Personally I stick mostly with South-East Asian ones, like this Thai sauce. Pretty hot. I like.

4 Likes

This stuff packs the heat :call_me_hand:t3::fire::fire::fire:

3 Likes

My day just got significantly better. Iā€™ve been looking for this most basic of condiments since I left Arizona and simply forgot about itā€¦thanks @anon9289869 for the reminder! I got two of these bad boys and I might just keep them both instead of my prior plan to give one to my brother, muahahaha!

2 Likes