It's getting HOT in here - the Hot Sauce thread šŸ”„

:joy: :joy: ha that gave me a good chuckle! I definitely need to order myself one of these jugs now.

The fabled Red Jalepenoā€¦

Interesting heat. Once it enters your mouthā€¦the ā€œfumesā€ of the pepper envelope you. Eyes get moist, lungs feel like the air you are breathing is close to burning. My toungeā€¦burnedā€¦

This one felt somewhere on the level of a ghost pepper. I read that if you quit watering your plant, the peppers actually get hotterā€¦i tried thatā€¦think I will keep watering on a regular basis

5 Likes

Interesting, I used to water mine almost daily, the peppers were never hot, i didnt know why, now I know!

2 Likes

I got this advent calendar, December is about to heat up!!

10 Likes

Gonna be eating a lot of chicken wings!
Superb
:ok_hand:

1 Like

I may try to find a bottle of the fancy hanks and 13 scorpions online. That stuff looks great. Always looking for intensely hot and flavorful sauces.

When you stress the plants out by giving them just barely enough water to survive, it is supposed to produce hotter peppers. Iā€™ve done this accidentally once and the peppers were amazingly hot.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll give a shot this coming spring!

1 Like

I did this my Jalepenosā€¦they are THE hottest jalepenos i have ever had

1 Like

I did the same with jalepenos. I was just expecting normal jalepenos like you would buy from the store but these came out closer to habanero level hot. I was pleasantly surprised that my lack of horticulture skills produced better peppers.

2 Likes

It caught me off gaurd. The first few batches were as mild as green peppers. We went camping and the kid that was aupposecto water, never did. I came home, picked one and took a big bite out of itā€¦felt like i french kissed a nuclear reactor.

1 Like

@Thirdmonkey its true! Think about where chilies grow naturally, hot and dryer climates. The chile piquĆ­n is a good example of a variety that is closer to the native wild chile and they are super hot tiny things made to withstand drought. Over watering is a sure fire way to lose your fire!

I realize Iā€™m late to this party, but good to remember for next yearā€™s garden.

5 Likes

20221201_171025

Day one: Cascabella Pepper sauce.

Its like a milder habanero, kind of sweet. Maybe on par with a jalapeƱo as far as heat goes.

Good stuff!

6 Likes

We need details of what you had it on, dammit!
Was it wings?
I bet it was wings.
Probably wings, right?
Yeahā€¦ It was wings.
Or something else.
Maybe.
But, yeahā€¦ wingsā€¦
Or a chug straight from the bottle. Old habits die hard.
:smile:

3 Likes

Just a straight pull from the bottle, then on a chip.

It would be great on wings tho!

3 Likes

That makes sense, coming from a forum memberā€¦lolā€¦

6 Likes

Todays sauce is a Habanero Green Sauce. Its blend of green habanero and jalapeƱo. Not very hot, but full flavored and very salty.

I rate 5/10

Maybe good on eggs or steak.

5 Likes

ā€¦ or wings?

We need a rating score for sauce one too.
You canā€™t start dishing out scores now and leave the first hanging.

Dude, Iā€™m known as Mr. Inconsistent.

The first was a 7/10 - love the sweetness and the heat was mild enough to indulsge without the worry of burn ass the following day.

Need a follwing day rating too. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you!
Now at the end of it all we can build a ranked table of hot sauces so those of us playing along at home can choose a few to try.

1 Like