It's getting HOT in here - the Hot Sauce thread 🔥

Do you love a good hot sauce?

Are you a fan of the burn?

Do you have a favorite?

Let’s see it!!

I picked this up yesterday. Truffle infused hot sauce. There are 2 levels of heat Hot and Hotter. This one is pretty hot and full of flavor. Any hotter and it’s unedible, which defeats the purpose. I am not sure what this would complement yet, maybe steak or something savory?

22 Likes

Oooh nice! I could see it being good on some eggs or smoked meat of some kind!

4 Likes

Love me some hot sauce!
Love heat, but not just for the sake of it. It’s got to have flavour.
I’m not interested in having the hottest sauces on the face of the planet. I can handle heat, but there has to be a point to it. Needlessly hot sauces are a waste of both chili and food.

I’ve always got a few around (pretty standard basics), but these are the latest additions. Picked them up at a big BBQ festival a few weeks ago. Each is wonderfully flavoursome. I really wanted a Scotch bonnet chili sauce but couldn’t find one.

All Australian made too.

9 Likes

Anyine tried Melindas ghost pepper sauce? It hurts to even cook with. I made a lot of chili that no one could eat. Whoops.

4 Likes

That sounds fabulous!!

That pineapple reaper looks good! I may have to order some! Wonder of shipping is still free if going to the states?

Same! There’s many novelty sauces that just add a ridiculous amount of heat, no thanks, give me the flavor!!

5 Likes

I love the Piri Piri sauce from Portugal, hot and tasty :metal:t2:

4 Likes

This stuff is amazing. Hence the empty bottle

5 Likes

Not strictly a hot sauce, but oh my MSG this stuff is good.

7 Likes

This one is my day to day go to sauce. It’s spicy, it’s flavorful and kind of sweet. Great on eggs, potatoes, pizza, Ramen, and even spaghetti!

Its actually locally made and I usually have 3 or 4 bottles on hand!

5 Likes

I used to get that all the time! I forgot about it, need to get me some!

1 Like

I’m not down for spicy things but here’s some from the hubs collection

4 Likes

Picked this one up today at an arts festival hosted by a local olive estate.

Typical habanero heat and flavour with that heady, aromatic linger of truffle. All local ingredients too.

5 Likes

🤌🏻🤌🏻

4 Likes

Here are two from the T.V. show Hot Ones.
The door of my refrigerator is heavy from the amount of hot sauce bottles.
Personally, I’m a big fan of Franks.

6 Likes

Sure all sauces are great. I have only tasted Valentina and it is very good.

From my side I use to spread whole pepper cayenne to any kind of sauce in order to give it “some kind of taste”. :smiley:.

4 Likes

My current favorite
The flavor of the piri piri pepper is a game changer

5 Likes

That’s my favorite. Perfect amount of flavor and spice. I like it on eggs.

1 Like

Just planted some habaneros, ghost peppers and scorpions…will be making my own shortly

3 Likes

What, no last dab!???

1 Like