It's got to be done

This is my first time ever of saying that I’m never going to drink again. I knew I had a problem but ignorance can be bliss.

Last night started wonderfully with my partner. Tracy and I started drinking around 6pm, in the house, which was kid free for a change. Come 11pm, the police were at my door and I am surprised that I didn’t get arrested. They left, I fell asleep to an empty house, Tracy went away to her mum’s. Last night was a disgusting night, all because of the devil’s drink.

I’m 50 and I’ve decided enough is enough. I’m delighted that my search online has found here.

All the best to a new way of life.

7 Likes

Welcome, this is a great resource to read and learn about what has and hasn’t worked for others.

1 Like

I remember them terrible nights of drinking! Thank God that’s not my life today. I would meet my partner in the put drink away end up in a argument then the fighting would begin … then the shame guilt hangover would come then it would all start again the following week. It does get to the point of enough is enough. So pleased your here reaching out for help and support. Keep reading and opening up cos it does help to share our struggle x

1 Like

Thank you. I stopped gambling 25 year’s ago because I knew I had a problem but I guess that drink became my new addiction. I joined GA then and I knew today that I needed to reach out and find some help. Here I am. It’s only day one but it’s a start :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Ouch. Those nights sucked and those mornings were the worst. Such anguish, regret, dread. You came to the right place. Read as much as you can, it really does help. :purple_heart:

1 Like

It’s a sore one for sure and the hangover is just as bad. I’ve been reading most of the stories and realising how lucky it is to have this app. Thank you

1 Like

This thread has a lot of great info…and can keep you busy and distracted for a long while if necessary…

(Frequently Asked Questions)

1 Like

I’ll go on now. Thanks

1 Like