It's not what you say but how you say it!

I’ve been reading some very unpleasant remarks when someone is reaching out for help. I’m not going to name names or topics. But remember where you came from! And Just because there recovery path is different from yours, doesnt make it wrong! We are the last people that need to judge or tell someone how they should recover. Giving suggestions, yes, okay, but telling someone they’re wrong because they recover differently than you is not okay! People should feel comfortable being honest and be able to reach out for help when needed. Not feel ashamed or put down because of how they’re recovering! So check yourself and remember, you started out exactly where they did! Maybe different situation, but Do NOT put someone down on here. Some already are at there lowest and here im reading uncalled for replies. So please be careful with HOW you are saying things. It might not be what your saying, but how your saying it!

27 Likes

I’ll tone it down.

2 Likes

Sometimes you gotta be sweet. Sometimes you gotta be sour.

Sometimes you gotta believe the Earth is a cube. :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Oh I am def a brutally honest person. I can just share my experience, strength, and hope…

“It’s not what you say, but how you say it.”

5 Likes

Sometimes I think a kick in the pants is needed for the folks who are in the relapse pattern.

It’s always good think this time will be different, I like to ask what will be different this time. If you do the same things over and over and expect a different result, that’s insanity.

12 Likes

Sometimes i bite my tongue when it comes to justifying relapes as for today i havnt but in all my years being on the program ive learnt what will be will be so i always wish people well we all dont take the same road wish you well

6 Likes

I try to be nice :innocent:
i sometimes will be blunt with the constant relapser. Not mean. At least I don’t think.
I will ask people what they are gonna do different this time. Because we all know that you can’t wish this shit away.

It is hard to feel like I know how to make someone better. My ego is right on the surface in this. If people just would do it how I say to do it! Because I have all the answers damn it!! Lol. That’s sarcasm folks. But if I don’t keep my ego in check then you will see post like this from me😉

So yes, expirience, strength and hope is all I have to offer. My expirience at that. If I ever seem to be high horsey then that is not my intent. I’m a good for nothing drunk at my core. No better than anyone here

7 Likes

There is a difference between being blunt and being a bully. Anyone can speak their mind fully. The true measure of a person is if they can speak their mind fully…with humility, love and compassion. Ghandi was blunt and spoke his mind. How he did it changed hearts and minds.

15 Likes

“if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all”

Hence why I don’t post as much. Most of my stuff comes across mean so I won’t say anything. When I went back to rehab for the second time in 6 months my counselor asked what the hell was wrong with me. I will forever love him bc he basically called me an idiot. I had all the tools and knowledge and still relapsed. I was a fuckin dumbass and needed to be told that.

10 Likes

Whispers… THIS IS SPARTA wait that isn’t it. THIS IS THE INTERNET. WE ARE KEYBOARD WARRIORS!

Seriously though, /thread right there. Thanks for remind us.

7 Likes

You’ve always been nice to me.

If I came back to Albany (I lived in voorheesville for almost a year) it wouldn’t be to beat you up. But we would probably make people cry bc of our honesty

Glad to know I taught you something. :sunglasses::wink:

1 Like

Actually it was mostly @C-sun lol

1 Like

Well fine. huffs mightily

She’s a treasure trove of logic and sensibility. I’ve heard the “if you spot it, you got it” before but she’s said it a few times and it really struck home.

2 Likes

I just hate seeing people make the same mistakes I did. I know I can’t deny anyone their suffering but hell if it isn’t frustrating watching someone do the same stupid shit I did. Sometimes I just want to scream “don’t open the fuckin door, the serial killer is on the other side!”

6 Likes

But sometimes our mistakes are the only way we can learn. And sometimes, such mistakes prevent us from fucking our lives up even worse further on down the road.

5 Likes

Derek opens door

5 Likes

A smart man learns from his mistakes. A wise man learns the mistakes of others.

1 Like

What are you if you do both and you’re a woman?

7 Likes