It's not what you say but how you say it!

1. Stop being a smart ass.
  2. See number 1
  3. :joy:
3 Likes

Bahahaha. Good luck with that! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Sometimes I’m not sure how I’m coming off in posts. Let me know if I’m being mean or pretentious or over-stepping bounds please

1 Like

Oh trust me. Someone would have let you know lol. You are doing fine bud

2 Likes

I drove someone off as well last year with my $.02 judgements and still feel very bad about that. We all learn and grow at our own pace in the ways that work for us. It took me YEARS to get where I am at, so I am understanding of the cycle some of us have to go through to find a sober peace.

I also think that we need to remember how fragile our feelings, self esteem and psyche are in early sobriety. Emotions run high and can be hard to regulate.

I have seen people get run off or traumatized by other TS members, it is hard to see and I try to reach out to them as I have been that asshole myself. A little compassion goes a long way, I really try to remember that and keep my mouth shut when I cannot.

We are all just humans being.

8 Likes

I am wondering if a private message to someone being offensive, laying out their behavior and giving them a chance to make amends would be a good prerequisite to a public shaming.

2 Likes

This would have been better in a PM. :grinning:

1 Like

Please, let me know if he ever finds you! That would be like @Englishd Gold! The thread of the century. Sometimes, I thrive on drama.

Honestly though, some people need to be gently told what’s up. That doesn’t have to be offensive. You dont have to be all stfu about it. Just blunt, yet positive.

2 Likes

Word. I gotta work on my jokes. I guess my brand of humor doesn’t work sometimes. Perhaps if I end with “lol”

3 Likes

You’re a total f-up, stfu! Lol!

Makes it better, right?

2 Likes

I’m not sure I’m coming across the right way here. Let me try again. Example:
The other day someone posted something that was triggering to me. I contemplated replying in the thread that it was triggering, I contemplated flagging but I thought “this person might not know”. So I sent a PM politely asking them to take what they had posted down as it was triggering for me and could be for others. They obliged, and apologized. The end.
No flags, no muss or fuss. Obviously my next course of action would have been to flag the post.

2 Likes

It does! Lol!

1 Like

Yeah, I think we may be in a somewhat different situation. Most of the users here are substance abuse users. Some girl posting a picture of herself with her cleavage hanging out may not bat an eye from most people, but it would definitely be triggering to me.

As @C-sun can attest, when I was very early on in my sobriety (118 days today, still pretty early), someone had posted a video that was triggering to me. I spoke out, like a little complaining punk. They moved it to the lounge, or something like that. People are accommodating. Sometimes things need to be brought to our attention. Same way people posting while actively using is reserved for the seeking help section.

Which is strange. I subscribe to it, but never see anything from it, unless I click on the thread section for it.

1 Like

I hope if I post something triggering or something that upsets someone that they reach out to me and ask me to remove it. Obviously they’d have to be comfortable doing so, but my intention is never to upset or trigger others :thinking:

2 Likes

Text never translates meaning well. Hopefully you didn’t think I was placing blame on anyone, you included.

Right on! Totally agree!

Oh, definitely not! But I try to read my posts from multiple points of view before posting something…but then I think I’m overthinking it haha I know when I first saw the leg selfie page I was a little surprised at that…but I could’ve just been overreacting too haha

1 Like

I suppose I don’t like to rock the boat too much. Part of my people pleasing that I’m trying to dial back. Thanks for your input, you too @C-sun

3 Likes

Not sure if I agree with that either. Pictures of people drinking would immediately be flagged and removed. Why not the other way around?

2 Likes

I’m glad we got to talk this out. I understand you now too. Thanks