Jay's Journey

Thank you!! I’m super proud of it but the journey has only just begun!

I started going to the gym this past week, and I am soooorrreeee hah, this too shall pass

2 Likes

So right about that my friend … upwards and onwards. A huge congrats on getting back into the gym - the soreness will pass but the rewards will stay with you!

1 Like

Day 31

Today was my third day in the gym, I’m sore as all get out but whatever, it happens. To be honest, I thought getting back into the gym after 5 years would be more daunting than it is, nobody seems to pay much mind to me though, it’s kinda nice, found a good gym that not only encourages real progress but has loads of equipment, it’s awesome. Did some weights and just shy of an hour of cardio which I haven’t done in years, I’m taking something called cardarine that apparently enhances your stamina, sure feels like it too, felt like I could go on and on hah

Life goes on, happily sober

3 Likes

Thrilled to read this- muscles are sore but happy :blush:
So proud of your progress :clap:

1 Like

Feels like I did 10 years ago starting from scratch, the next few years after that beginning were some of the best years of my life, if that’s what I have to look forward to, a little bit of soreness isn’t anything

Happily sober! How long have you been on the straight and narrow btw?

1 Like

I love that attitude

19 + months free of cigarettes
5.5 months free of alcohol and weed
Longest ever for alcohol

Im loving this new life

1 Like

Day 34,

Devil is whispering in my ear a bit today, not interested at all in going back to the juice and would think the craving would be gone by now after a month, seems like it’s come back with a vengeance.

Oh well, it’ll pass, one little craving isn’t enough to push me back into a life of misery

4 Likes

Glad to hear that you didnt listen to the devil or give in.
From reading the threads ive realized that we have to always keep out guards up because the urges don’t ever really go away. They will lessen and become less frequent but will linger. They show up when you are not prepared or when you are triggered.

:pray::heart: this is what we all need to remember.

Absolutely, it somehow always seems to creep it’s way into the back of your thoughts, especially since it is so engrained in society. When I used to smoke, it was still something seen as a bit taboo or gross in a way, booze on the other hand has a sort of glorification to it, harder to quit and easy to pick up.

That’s the way I see it anyway, we’re taught from a young age that alcohol is fun, that it’s a way to unwind, it’s hard to get over that once you’ve become addicted to it

1 Like

Each time you beat those cravings you’ll get stronger… 1 day at a time. There will be good days and there will be bad days, you’re doing great :+1:

2 Likes

You are absolutely correct and its so weird how alcohol is so present in everything. From tv/cinema to dinners at restaurants, sporting events…etc how we celebrate, grieve, unwind, relax , bbq…its just in everything that we do.
Its so widely accepted as a norm.
We need to re-train our minds. Alcohol is literally a poison. A nicly flavored one but a poison none the less. Why would i ever want to willingly injest poison? This question is what i choose to focus on. It does help that i know i can only truly work on getting healthier without having alcohol in my system.
The longer im without it the more benefits i see…
Yeah to 36. Keep going odaat and keep enjoying all that sobriety has to offer

2 Likes

Wow, almost 2 months, honestly didn’t think I’d even make it this far but here I am. Only 11 more days until the 2 months mark, learning how to enjoy life again and it’s so much better than drinking

Feels like I’ve taken my life back, thank god

5 Likes

Huge congratulations :tada::sunflower::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

This is huge! So crazy how time is flying by. So happy to see you working on your sobriety and loving the results!.

1 Like

Keep it up @JayP !!

2 Likes

Thank you! It’s surreal how different it feels, life that is

3 Likes

Loving the results is only the tip of the iceberg, when someone said that life without it is so much better and happier, they were not kidding. It’s peaceful

2 Likes

I’m so happy for you, Jay!

Hey guys,

88 days down, a full 3 months sober in 2 days, checking in to say I’m doing well and still going strong :slight_smile: I’m down almost 45 lbs since starting and continuing to work on myself and life, things are well

-Jay

2 Likes

Hey Jay

Thanks for checking in and what a lovely check in that was.

3 months and looking / feeling healthier. So excited for you.

Keep strong my friend :muscle:

2 Likes