Jay's Journey

Any sobriety group that you’re willing to join will strengthen your sober network, and give you more sobriety tools. Congrats on day 16, keep showing up and putting the work in. :muscle:

4 Likes

Checking in, day 17 done and gone. Now what to do about this damn insomnia :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hello day 18! What an incredible feeling.
Sorry- that insomnia wont go away. Your body needs to adjust to sleeping without its normal knock out methods of getting drunk. It does get easier!
Btw- any results on you tests yet? Hope the doctors are able to help you with whatever is going on. Glad at least your foot is healing :blush:

1 Like

Haha maybe I just need to put the phone down when I go to bed! I end up spending way too much time on Amazon :joy:

No results yet, lab results take I believe nearly a week to complete and with the holiday and weekend, probably delayed. Will tho!

I’m excited to get to day 20, new chip :smiley:

Though, I heard not long ago that the people I’m staying with are going to the beach and I don’t / won’t have the PTO to cover it after all this, being out and everything. I’m afraid that if I’m alone I’ll turn back to the bottle and it’s honestly frightening, I can’t imagine myself going back now after all the work and effort I’ve put in. Good news is that it’s a couple of months out, still daunts me. Thankful to have this community here and there’s a celebrate recovery down the road, guess I’ll be hitting that up as well

3 Likes

you really are doing amazing and i’m glad that you are fearful of a relapse. I believe in the beginning especially we need to be aware of how easy it is to go backwards and do whatever it takes to protect our sobriety.
Glad the beach trip is a couple of months out - who knows where you will be mentally, emotionally or physically. You definitely will not be alone - we are all here for you. Hopefully you will meet like minded people in your celebrate recovery group. Can join up on meetings as well. So many possibilities and the world is your oyster! Keep doing what you are doing and try to live ODAAT - when we start getting anxious about future events we can hurt our recovery in the present.
Get some rest – YEAH to 20 day chip ahead!!

4 Likes

You’re absolutely right, it’s still pretty far out, not gonna worry myself over it and in the end, I’m sure it’ll be easy to get through. My foot will be healed, I have my gym membership and books to keep me occupied.

They should promote you to sober time community champion haha

2 Likes

You are funny! Naw- this is my therapy as much as it helps you :blush:

3 Likes

Hey Jay, just found your thread and read through it. I think this is great and I look forward to keeping up. I’ve been thinking about doing my own like this, I just may because it was exciting to read your progress.

Are you still in the boot? I was in one a couple years ago, fell down my stairs drunk. Still got up and walked to the liquor store which was where I was headed to begin with. Amazing what I could push through back then if it meant a bottle.

Bummer that you can’t go to the beach with your friends. I love the beach. But maybe you could plan your own thing. Maybe a list of movies you’ve wanted to watch and foods you haven’t had in a while. Either way, I’m glad you’re sharing what’s going on. Like @JazzyS said, being here, reading and meeting you guys is my therapy as well.

4 Likes

Hi Fox!

Yes it’s been quite the journey so far, interesting even, I’m much more clear minded and level headed, it’s a very nice experience compared to the fog of a drunken stupor. Definitely fallen and busted myself up many times, this time sober! Haha funny enough never been on a boot until this time, tore my foot up yanking a shoe off my foot that just wasn’t quite loose enough. Ik embarrassing right lol

I’ve picked up some books with the extra money that I’ve saved, over the past few years I’ve come accustomed to Japanese as my second language and have decided to grab some volumes and short novels to go through as well as some games. Learning a second language has been an interesting experience for sure.

Tomorrow is 20 days and my next follow up appointment with my doctor. Already seeing some good improvements and it’s only been 3 weeks, can’t imagine a month and beyond, but we’ll find out!

2 Likes

Congrats on your 20 days Jay. It truly is a fantastic feeling and only gets better.
Best of luck with your follow up appointment today.

We all have our embarrassing stories (some moments while completely sober). My family often jokes that i should bubble wrap myself to avoid alk my clumsy mishaps :rofl:

Have a fantastic sober day ny friend :blush:

1 Like

21 days! Honestly didn’t believe I ever would get this far, but here we are! Very little cravings and zero withdrawals, I’m happier than I’ve been in a very long time. Other than that, no other updates

3 Likes

Well done Jay

Recovery is amazing!

3 Likes

Nice job keep it going one day at a time. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great work @JayP :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Giddy-up, my friend! That’s three whole weeks if my math is complete!

2 Likes

Yessir! I’m super proud of it, only a few more days to a whole month and while sometimes are boring, it’s 100% better than being a drunken mess.

Cheers to a clean life, my family couldn’t be happier, my niece said she was super happy I quit

Everyday I wake up grateful, onto 30 days we go

2 Likes

1 day shy of a month now at 29 days, I’m grateful for each and every morning I wake up sober, it’s such a great feeling to know that I have control over myself each and every day and am able to wake up with a clear mind.

This past month has been a lot, between medical stuff and being flat broke, had a lot thrown at me and every excuse to go back to the bottle but there’s no reason to drink poison. It’s just that, poison. I’m not about to go back.

Looking forward to earning my 30 day badge tomorrow!

4 Likes

This right here :point_up_2:. There will always be a bunch of excuses but never a reason.

Keep on going bro, you’re doing great :+1:

2 Likes

It’s a beautiful feeling to be more carefree. I see through a completely different lens now.

1 Like

Congrats on your 30 days of sobriety!!! So excited for you

So proud of how you are handling life on lifes terms.

2 Likes